BEng in Electronics, MSc in Biomedical Engineering, PhD in Computer Engineering
Now I am teaching various undergraduate/postgraduate modules including:
PDE 1410: Physical Computing: Programming
PDE 1420: Physical Computing: Electronics
PDE 2431: Analogue and Digital Electronics
PDE3411: System-on-a-Chip Design
PDE3420:System Design and Validation
PDE 4420: Software Engineering and Simulation of Robotic Systems
CCM3421: Real-Time and Embedded Systems
CCE2040: Digital System Design
* Computational neuroscience, biologically inspired algorithms and signal processing for single neuron and neuron populations, including, e.g., visual cortex signal processing and development of underlying learning mechanism.
* Distributed and parallel computation, including theory, algorithms, and applications.
* Complex-system models (as neural networks and related models), including bioinformatic and neurophysiologic aspects, as ionic dynamics.
* Brain theory and relationship between cognitive and psychological activities.
* Statistical time series analysis, pattern recognition and classification, financial data analysis, and related neural network model development.
* Neuromorphic, analogue, digital and mixed signal very large scale integrated (VLSI) circuit design, including silicon CMOS spiking neuron design, simulation and testing, and robotics applications.
* Internet Computing, Web Browser Design (using J2SE and J2ME) with different parsing protocols as DOM and Sax, Next Generation Internet.
* Robot Operating Systems (ROS) and applications with new hardwares, like BeagleBone or Raspberry.
Kalyani, Ganesh Kumar and Yang, Zhijun and Gandhi, Vaibhav and Geng, Tao (2017) Using robot operating system (ROS) and single board computer to control bioloid robot motion. In: 18th Towards Autonomous Robotic Systems (TAROS) Conference, 19-21 July 2017, Guildford, Surrey, UK.
Yang, Zhijun and Zhang, Daqiang and Rocha, Marlon V. and Lima, Priscila M. V. and Karamanoglu, Mehmet and Franca, Felipe M. G. (2016) Prescription of rhythmic patterns for legged locomotion. Neural Computing and Applications . ISSN 0941-0643 (Published online first)
Yang, Zhijun and Karamanoglu, Mehmet and Franca, Felipe M.G. (2015) Advances on biological rhythmic pattern generation: experiments, algorithms and applications. Neurocomputing, 170 (1-2). pp. 1-2. ISSN 0925-2312
Yang, Zhijun and Gandhi, Vaibhav and Karamanoglu, Mehmet and Graham, Bruce (2015) Characterising information correlation in a stochastic Izhikevich neuron. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2015), 12-17 Jul 2015, Killarney, Republic of Ireland.
Krasin, Vladimir and Gandhi, Vaibhav and Yang, Zhijun and Karamanoglu, Mehmet (2015) EMG based elbow joint powered exoskeleton for biceps brachii strength augmentation. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2015), 12-17 Jul 2015, Killarney, Republic of Ireland.