As the senior academic and administrative officer, the Vice-Chancellor is the University’s Chief Executive, with overall responsibility for the leadership and management of the institution, and accountable to the Board of Governors.
Advised and supported by the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive, the Vice-Chancellor is responsible for:
- providing academic and administrative leadership and ensuring the good management of the University
- developing and evolving the University’s strategy and vision
- exercising general oversight of the University’s financial position in order to ensure a sustainable financial base that allows the delivery of the University’s mission, aims and objectives
- playing a leading part in shaping the academic development of the University
- promoting and marketing the University locally, nationally and internationally
- articulating the University’s needs and interests to national and local government, funders, regulators, businesses, professional bodies and partners
- carrying out ceremonial and civic duties.