Academic Quality Service (AQS)
The Academic Quality Service has institutional responsibility for quality assurance and enhancement, and provides administrative support for quality processes in Schools. The Academic Quality Service:
- maintains and updates the University's quality procedures which are concerned with activities such as programme validation and review, annual/quality monitoring, student feedback, external examiners etc.
- monitors implementation of the quality procedures in schools, services and partners
- provides administrative and operational management support to schools for taught programme quality activities such as validations and reviews etc
- officers and minutes the key University committees concerned with academic quality and standards
- works with schools, the Institute, services and/or partners to prepare for QAA audit (see below) and similar exercises
- ensures the University provides KIS and WIS as defined by HEFCE/HESA
- represents the University to external quality assurance bodies (e.g. the QAA), and
- acts as the University's key academic quality point of contact.