European Human Rights Advocacy Centre
The European Human Rights Advocacy Centre (EHRAC) joined Middlesex University in 2013 and is part of the School of Law.
EHRAC assists non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and lawyers in Russia and the South Caucasus in taking cases to the European Court of Human Rights. Our mission is to support the long term sustainability of the local human rights communities by strengthening their capacity to litigate and project manage effectively.
We also advocate for full implementation of European Court judgments, leading to positive changes on the ground to laws, policy and practice. We bring international attention to the human rights situation in the countries where we work and raise awareness of the European Court system.
EHRAC was granted Partnership Status with the Council of Europe in 2006.
Find out more about how EHRAC:
- Provides support to our local partners to give them the skills to litigate at the European Court on behalf of victims of human rights abuses.
- Presses for the implementation of European Court judgments.
- Undertakes advocacy work at the Council of Europe.
- Mentors lawyers at our partner organisations and provide a range of skill-enhancing training opportunities.
- Publishes the EHRAC Bulletin and other resources to raise awareness of the European Court system, the law and our cases.