Dr Andrea Werner
Dr Andrea Werner has been working at the Business School since 2008. Prior to joining Middlesex University, she worked as a Researcher for the Institute of Business Ethics in London.
- PhD in Business Ethics (Brunel University, 2006)
- PGCert Higher Education (Middlesex University, 2010)
- Fassin, Y., Werner, A., van Rossem, A., Garriga, E., Signori, S., Hoivik, H., Schlierer, H. (forthcoming). ‘CSR and related terms in SME owner-managers' mental models in six European countries: national context matters’. Journal of Business EthicsDOI: 10.1007/s10551-014-2098-7 (open access)
- Werner, A. (2013), ‘’Margin Call’: Using Film to Explore Behavioural Aspects of the Financial Crisis’. Journal of Business Ethics DOI 10.1007/s10551-01-1781-4 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10551-013-1781-4
- Schlierer, H.-J., Werner, A., Signori, S., Garriga, E., von Weltzien Hoivik, H., Van Rossem, A., Fassin, Y. (2012), 'How Do European SME Owner–Managers Make Sense of ‘Stakeholder Management’?: Insights from a Cross-National Study'. Journal of Business Ethics 109(1):39-51.
- Werner, A. (2008),'The influence of Christian identity on SME owner-managers' conceptualisations of business practice'. Journal of Business Ethics 82(2): 449-462.
- Werner, A. (2008), 'Using a socio-psychological approach for understanding the influence of civil society on economic activity'. Zeitschrift fuer Wirtschafts- und Unternehmensethik 9(1): 153-168.
- Webley, S., Werner, A. (2008), 'Corporate Codes of Ethics: Necessary but not Sufficient'. Business Ethics: A European Review 17(4): 593-603.
Chapters in Edited Books
- Werner, A., Spence, L. (2004). Literature Review: Social Capital and SMEs. In: Spence, L. et al. (eds.) Responsibility and Social Capital - The World of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises. Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan, 7-24.
- Spence, L., Werner, A., Wegner, M. (2004). Introduction. In: Spence, L. et.al. (eds.) Responsibility and Social Capital - The World of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises. Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan, 1-6.
- Webley, S., Werner, A.,Employee Views of Ethics at Work - The 2008 National Survey, (2009). London: Institute of Business Ethics.
- Bradshaw, K., Dando, N., Werner, A.,Surveying staff on ethical matters - a good practice guide, (2008). London: Institute of Business Ethics.
- Webley, S., Werner, A.,IBE Illustrative Code of Business Ethics - Updated (2008). London: Institute of Business Ethics.
- Werner, A., An investigation into Christian SME owner-managers' conceptualisations of practice (2006). Boca Raton: Dissertation.com.
- Deutsches Netzwerk Wirtschaftsethik (German chapter of European Business Ethics Network)
- Society for Business Ethics
Links with Partner/Business Organisations
Institute of Business Ethics
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- The influence of civil society on responsible business practice
- The moral experience of managers and company directors
- Business ethics in small and medium-sized enterprises
- Corporate governance and business ethics/corporate responsibility
- The use of social theory in business ethics/corporate responsibility research
- Cross-national research in business ethics and corporate responsibility