Dr Camille Alexis-Garsee
PhD, PGCertHE, MSc, BA (Hons)
- Member of the European Health Psychology Society
- Member of the Drug and Alcohol Centre
- Evaluation of theory-based behavioural change interventions e.g. Transtheoretical Model, with relevance to public health e.g. smoking cessation, chronic illness, breast screening
- Application of new technologies, e.g. computer tailoring, internet, mobile phones to behaviour change
- Design, conduct and evaluation of interventions in randomised controlled trials.
- UKRRF (IPCRG). Smokers with chronic illness. April 2010. £22,771.
Other research: Research Fellow/Trial Co-ordinator - ESCAPE study with Dr Hazel Gilbert (UCL), Prof. Stephen Sutton (Cambridge University) and Prof. Irwin Nazareth (UCL).
- Theories of health behaviour
- Applications in health psychology e.g. behaviour change, designing and evaluating interventions, motivational interviewing, health education/promotion
- Lifespan health psychology
- Health services research
- Quantitative data analysis.
- Health Psychology
- Health Psychology Placement (PSY4005)
- Health Psychology Negotiated Essay (PSY4006)
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Alexis-Garsee C, Haslum M, Murphy S, Bridle C, (Submitted). Randomised trial of smoking cessation interventions with different levels of tailoring. Psychology and Health
- Gilbert, H., Leurent, B., Sutton, S., Morris, R., Alexis-Garsee, C., Nazareth, I. (Submitted). Factors predicting recruitment to a UK wide primary care smoking cessation study (The ESCAPE trial). Family Practice
- Gilbert, H., Sutton, S., Leurent, B., Alexis-Garsee, C., Morris, R., Nazareth, I. (Submitted). The characteristics of a population wide sample of smokers recruited proactively for the ESCAPE trial. European Journal of Public Health
- Alexis-Garsee, C., Bridle, C; (2005). Study Protocol: Randomised Controlled Trial of Mailed Tailored Interventions for Smoking Cessation. UWE Psychology Postgraduate Papers; Vol. 2; 2-7
- Alexis-Garsee, C., Gilbert H, Nazareth I, Sutton S. A Strategy for Targeting Smokers from High Deprivation Areas to a Computer-tailored Intervention using General Practice Records. British Psychological Society, Division of Health Psychology Annual Conference, University of Nottingham, 12-14 September 2007.
- Alexis-Garsee, C., Gilbert H, Nazareth I, Sutton S. ESCAPE Trial: Characteristics of smokers prompted to change their behaviour after receiving tailored feedback reports. Joint Conference of the SRNT and SRNT Europe, Annual Conference, Dublin, 27-30, 2009. Poster Presentation
- Alexis-Garsee, C., Haslum, Murphy, S, Bridle, C. A prospective investigation of the predictors of intervention effects of the NHS Smoking Cessation Programme. Joint Conference of the SRNT and SRNT Europe, Dublin, 27-30, 2009. Poster Presentation.