- MFA (Master of Fine Arts), Film, Columbia University, New York
- BA (Hons) English Literature, University of British Columbia, Canada
- PGCertHE, Middlesex University
- film directing and producing
- screenwriting and script development
- documentary theory and practice
- sound design
- truth, ethics and reconstruction in the documentary film
- the voice in the cinema, theory and practice
- Deleuze and film theory
- neo-formalist and cognitivist film theory and analysis
Current and Past Research Projects
Articles and chapters in edited books:
- 'Siren Song: The Narrating Voice in Two Films by Raúl Ruiz', Comparative Cinema, 1:3, 2013.
- ‘Michael and Gertrud: Art and the Artist in the Films of Carl Theodor Dreyer’ in Framing Film: Cinema and the Visual Arts, eds. Steven Allen and Laura Hubner, Intellect Books: Bristol, 2012.
- 'The Creative Voice: Free Indirect Speech in the Cinema of Rohmer and Bresson', The New Soundtrack, 2:1, 2012.
- 'Vision, Volition, Re-Vision: Point of View in La Collectionneuse, Le Genou de Claire and Le Beau mariage', published in Rohmer et les autres, Presses Universitaires de Rennes, 2007.
- Film-Philosophy, King’s College, London, September 2012, paper entitled ‘Possible Ends: Suicide and Grace in Jansenist Narrative Cinema’
- Framing Film: Cinema and the Visual Arts, University of Winchester, September 2009, paper entitled “Dreyer’s Michael: Painting the Canvas of the Soul”
- Screen Sounds: Sound in French Cinema, Kings College, London, April 2009, paper entitled "The Creative Voice: Free Indirect Speech in the Cinema of Rohmer, Resnais and Bresson"
- Short Film Symposium, 50th Cork Film Festival, Ireland, October 2005, paper entitled “The Short Films of Eric Rohmer"
- Producer on Forgiveness, feature documentary in development, director Elizabeth Stopford, White Rabbit Films, 2013.
- Producer, editor, sound designer of short film The Ice Cream Van, dir. Shane Vahey, Apex Arts/Waltham Forest Arts Council.
- in post-production
- Sound designer of short film Goblin Market (2012), dir. Anna Blandford.
- Encounters Film Festival, Bristol 2012
- Sound designer of Burn My Body (2010), dir. Fyzal Boulifa, B3 Media/UK Film Council.
- Official Selection, BFI London Film Festival 2010
- Encounters Film Festival, Bristol 2010
- London Short Film Festival 2011
- Sound designer of Whore (2009), dir. Fyzal Boulifa, B3 Media/UK Film Council.
- Grand Prix du Jury, Angers Premiers Plans 2010
- Jury Prize for Best Short Film, London East End Film Festival 2010
- Sound designer, Afternoon (2007), dir. Fyzal Boulifa, B3 Media/UK Film Council.