Dr Julia Borossa
- B.A. in English, Mc Gill University, Canada. (1982)
- M.A. in Comparative Literature, McGill University, Canada (1988).
- PhD 'Narratives of the Clinical Encounter and the Transmission of Psychoanalysis', in department of History and Philosophy of Science, Cambridge University (1995).
Histories, politics and cultures of the psychoanalytic movement; clinical narratives; the institutionalisation and professionalisation of psychoanalysis ; psychoanalysis and colonialism; trauma and narratives of endurance.
- Borossa, Julia, ed. (1999) Sandor Ferenczi: Selected Writings, Harmondsworth: Penguin.
- Borossa, Julia ( 2001) Hysteria, Icon Books, London. (Translated into Spanish, Portuguese and Croatian)
- Borossa, Julia and Ivan Ward eds. (2009) Psychoanalysis, Fascism, Fundamentalism. Special Issue of Psychoanalysis and History. Edinburgh: Edinburgh U.P.
Refereed articles and book chapters:
- Borossa, Julia (1997) 'The Migration of Psychoanalysis and the Psychoanalyst as Migrant' Oxford Literary Review 19, 79-104.
- Borossa, Julia and Caroline Rooney (2002) A Correspondence of Life and Letters: 'Why War?' Journal of European Studies 32, 319-334.
- Borossa, Julia and Caroline Rooney (2003) Suffering, Transience and Immortal Longings: Salomeacute; Between Nietzsche and Freud Journal of European Studies 33, 287-304.
- Borossa, Julia (2004) Love of the Soldier: family, citizenship and belonging in Claire Denis's Beau Travail Journal of European Studies 34, 92-105.
- Borossa, Julia (2004), "Languages of Loss; Languages of Connectedness in Lost Childhood and the Language of Exile, edited by Judith Szeacute;kagrave;cs and Ivan Ward. London: Karnac and Freud Museum.
- Borossa, Julia and Marina Gulina (2005) Child Survivors of the Siege of Leningrad: Notes on a Study of the effects of group trauma and its long-term effects on individuals (with Marina Gulina), Children in War: International Journal of Evacuee and War Child Studies.
- Borossa, Julia (2007) Mothering, Deprivation and the Formation of Child Psychoanalysis in Britain a chapter in Growing up with Risk, edited B.Thom, R.Sales and J.Pearce, Bristol: Policy.
- Borossa, Julia (2007) Therapeutic Relationships: Sandor Ferenczi and the British Independent School a chapter in Winnicott in Context, edited by Leslie Caldwell. London: Karnac.
- Borossa, Julia (2007) 'Narcissistic Wounds, Race and Racism: Frantz Fanon's Critical Engagement with Psychoanalysis' in Narcissism: A Critical Reader, edited by Anastasios Gaitanides. London: Karnac.
- Borossa, Julia (2010) 'Stories of Masud Khan' Psychoanalysis and History 12.2
- Borossa, Julia (2011) 'The Extensibility of Psychoanalysis in Ahmed Aleidy's Being Abbas el Abd and Bahaa Taher's Love in Exile' in Journal of Postcolonial Writing 47:4.
- Borossa, Julia (2012) 'The Extensions of Psychoanalysis: Colonialism, Post-Colonialism and Hospitality' in Psychoanalysis and Politics, edited by Lene Auestadt. London: Karnac.
- Borossa, Julia (2013) 'Narratives of Love' in JCFAR 23.
- On the steering committee of Therip (Higher Education Research in Psychoanalysis).
- Societe d'Histoire de la psychiatrie et de la psychanalyse (Society for the History of Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis-- UK coordinator)
French, Hungarian, Bulgarian.