Dr Lucy Ghali
- Cancer Biomarkers
- The genetics of HPV induced cancers
- Skin cancers
- hCGbeta;'s role in tumour invasion and angigenesis
- Cell cycle marker detection during oncogenesis
- The pathology of uro-genital cancers
- Cell Biology and cell culture
- Histology and Dermatology
- Cancer cell biology
- Pathology Laboratory skills
- Human Pathology
- Cell cycle control
- Green J, Ikram M, Vyas J, Patel N, Proby CM, Ghali L, Leigh IM, O'Toole EA, Storey A. Overexpression of the Axl tyrosine kinase receptor in cutaneous SCC-derived cell lines and tumours. Br J Cancer. 2006 May 22;94(10):1446-51.
- Brown VL, Atkins CL, Ghali L, Cerio R, Harwood CA, Proby CM. Safety and efficacy of 5% imiquimod cream for the treatment of skin dysplasia in high-risk renal transplant recipients: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arch Dermatol. 2005 Aug;141(8):985-93.
- Akgul B, Garcia-Escudero R, Ghali L, Pfister HJ, Fuchs PG, Navsaria H,Storey A. The E7 protein of cutaneous human papillomavirus type 8 causes invasion of human keratinocytes into the dermis in organotypic cultures of skin. Cancer Res. 2005 Mar 15;65(6):2216-23.
- Ong C, O'Toole EA, Ghali L, Malone M, Smith VV, Callard R, Harper JI. LEKTI demonstrable by immunohistochemistry of the skin: a potential diagnostic skin test for Netherton syndrome. Br J Dermatol. 2004 Dec;151(6):1253-7.
- Ghali L, Wong ST, Tidman N, Quinn A, Philpott MP, Leigh IM. Epidermal and hair follicle progenitor cells express melanoma-associated chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan core protein. J Invest Dermatol. 2004 Feb;122(2):433-42.
- Neill GW, Ghali LR, Green JL, Ikram MS, Philpott MP, Quinn AG. Loss of protein kinase Calpha expression may enhance the tumorigenic potential of Gli1 in basal cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2003 Aug 1;63(15):4692-7.
- Golder M, Burleigh DE, Belai A, Ghali L, Ashby D, Lunniss PJ, Navsaria HA, Williams NS. Smooth muscle cholinergic denervation hypersensitivity in diverticular disease. Lancet. 2003 Jun 7;361(9373):1945-51.
- Bloor BK, Tidman N, Leigh IM, Odell E, Dogan B, Wollina U, Ghali L, Waseem A. Expression of keratin K2e in cutaneous and oral lesions: association with keratinocyte activation, proliferation, and keratinization. Am J Pathol. 2003 Mar;162(3):963-75.
- The MT, Wong ST, Neill GW, Ghali LR, Philpott MP, Quinn AG. FOXM1 is a downstream target of Gli1 in basal cell carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2002 Aug 15;62(16):4773-80.
Jackson S, Ghali L, Harwood C, Storey A. Reduced apoptotic levels in squamous but not basal cell carcinomas correlates with detection of cutaneous human papillomavirus. Br J Cancer. 2002 Jul 29;87(3):319-23.
- Chronnell CM, Ghali LR, Ali RS, Quinn AG, Holland DB, Bull JJ, Cunliffe WJ, McKay IA, Philpott MP, Muller-Rover S. Human beta defensin-1 and -2 expression in human pilosebaceous units: upregulation in acne vulgaris lesions. J Invest Dermatol. 2001 Nov;117(5):1120-5.
- Harwood CA, Swale VJ, Bataille VA, Quinn AG, Ghali L, Patel SV, Dove-Edwin I, Cerio R, McGregor JM. An association between sebaceous carcinoma and microsatellite instability in immunosuppressed organ transplant recipients. J Invest Dermatol. 2001 Feb;116(2):246-53.
External lectures as an Invited Speaker
- Poster prize winner 20th International Papillomavirus conference, Paris Oct 4-9 2002. HPV5 and 18 E6 Proteins interfere with the release of apoptosis inducing factor (AIF) from mitochondria
- Oral Presentation European Keratinocyte association meeting, Maastricht 2002. Expression of Keratin K2e in cutaneous and oral lesions, Association with keratinocyte Activation, proliferation and keratinisation
- Reviewer for the medical Journal Gut