Dr Peter Hough
Global Security Politics, Regime Theory, International Environmental Politics, Sport and Politics.
International Relations, Globalization, Security Politics, International Political Economy.
Current work administrative and professional duties/roles etc
Programme Leader for undergraduate Political and International Studies programmes
Selected Publications/ Seminars
- forthcoming:Co-author of International Relations and Globalization in the 21st Century, Palgrave. "Pesticides and Persistent Organic Pollutants", chapter in G.Kutting (ed) Global Environmental Politics, Routledge.
- 'Valuing Culture by Ignoring it. Relativism and Human Rights' for Human Rights Review. 2008'Global Steps towards Human Security' Security and Human Rights 19(1), January 2008, pp.15-23. (ISSN 1874-7337)
- 2008 Understanding Global Security (2nd edition) Routledge. (ISBN 978-0-415-42142-3). 2008'Make Goals Not War. The Contribution of International Football to World Peace' The International Journal of the History of Sport 25(9), September 2008.
- 2008 Entry on 'Pesticides, Insecticides, Herbicides' for the Palgrave Dictionary of Transnational History (1,500 words).
- 2005: Who's Securing Whom? The need for International Relations to Embrace Human Security, St Antony's International Review 1(2) November 2005 pp.72-87 . (ISSN 1746-451X)
- 2004: Understanding Global Security Routlege, London.
- 2003: 'Poisons in the system: the global regulation of hazardous pesticides'. Global Environmental Politics 3(2) May 2003.
- 2000: 'Institutions for Controlling the Global Trade in Hazardous Chemicals: the 1998 Rotterdam Convention', Global Environmental Change, 10 (2000) 161-164
- 2002: Entries on: Basel Convention, Bhopal Disaster, Chemical Industry, Hazardous Wastes, PCBs and the Seveso Disaster for the International Encyclopedia of Environmental Politics, Taylor Francis.
- 1998: The Global Politics of Pesticides: Forging Consensus from Conflicting Interests, Earthscan, London