Dr Rachel Herring
- Berridge, V., Herring, R. And Thom, B. (forthcoming), Binge drinking: a confused concept and its contemporary history. Social History of Medicine
- Foster, J.H., Herring, R., Waller, S. and Thom, B. (2009) The Licensing Act 2003: A step in the right direction? Journal of Substance Use, 14(2): 113-123.
- Herring, R., Berridge, V. and Thom, B. (2008) Binge drinking: an exploration of a confused concept. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 62:476-479.
- Herring, R, Berridge, V. and Thom, B. (2008) Binge drinking today: learning lessons from the past, Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy, 15 (5), 475-486.
- Herring, R, Thom, B., Foster, J., Franey, C. and Slazar, C. (2008) Local responses to the Alcohol Licensing Act 2003: the case of Greater London. Drugs: education, prevention and policy. 15 (3): 251-265.
Dr Herring is a former nurse turned social scientist with a particular interest in social and policy aspects of alcohol use. Recent research has included a study of the local implementation of the Alcohol Licensing Act 2003, a historical study of 'binge drinking' and she is currently researching partnership working in the development and implementation of local alcohol policy.