Dr George Dafoulas
BSc, MPhil, PhD, CertEd
- My research interests lie where Information Systems meet Human Computer Interaction. More specifically I am really motivated towards investigating human aspects of information systems development (e.g. communities of practice), effects of computer supported cooperative work in software engineering (e.g. distributed team working), computer mediated communication (e.g. distance and e-learning) and Information and Communication Technologies (e.g. Internet computing and e-commerce).
- Effects of computer supported cooperative work in software engineering
- Human aspects of information systems development
- ICT and Computer mediated communication
Director of Studies
- Nahed Amin Azab: Assessing E-Government Readiness in Egypt: Comparative Analysis with United Kingdom (UK), and United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Nermine Essawi: Customer Relationship Management Software Evaluation
- Chunyan Liu: Learning support in e-learning environments - Using online learning portfolios in facilitating the learning process of distance part-time students
- BIS3031 - Methodologies and Tools for the Engineering of Information Systems (Module Leader)
- BIS0010 - Introduction to Computers in Business (Module Leader)
- BIS3228 - Digital Evidence (Module Leader)
- Curriculum Leader Pedagogy
- Principal Lecturer
- Course Leader - BSc Business Information Systems and Management; BSc Business Information Systems; transitional students on the BIS Joint Honours provision
Personal Web Page:
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2002 - 14 pages) "Investigating Cultural Differences in Virtual Software Teams", in Electronic Journal on Information Systems in Developing Countries, EJISDC January, 2002, 7(4) pp.1-14, ISSN 1681 4835.
- Publications - IEEE/ACM Conferences
- Iahad, N., G. Dafoulas, E. Kalaitzakis and L. Macaulay, (2004 - 10 pages), "Evaluation of Online Assessment: The Role of Feedback in Learner-Centered e-Learning" in Proceedings of the 37th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2004) 6-9 January 2004 Hawaii Island, USA.
- Kalaitzakis, E., G. Dafoulas and L. Macaulay, (2003 - 5 pages), Designing Online Communities: Community-Centered Development for Intensively Focused User Groups in Proceedings of the 10th HCI International Conference (HCII 2003), 22-27 June 2003, Heraklion, Greece.
- Dafoulas G., A. Nikolaou and M. Turega, (2003 - 9 pages), Electronic Job Marketplaces: A Newly Established Manifestation of e-Business, in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS 2003), 23-26 April, Angers, France, ACM/IEEE.
- Dafoulas G., A. Nikolaou and M. Turega, (2003 - 8 pages), E-Services in the Internet Job Market in Proceedings of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2003) 6-9 January 2003 Hawaii Island, USA.
- Tjortjis C., G. Dafoulas, P. Layzell and L. Macaulay, (2002 - 6 pages), A Model for Selecting CSCW Technologies for Distributed Software Maintenance Teams in Virtual Organisations, in Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Cooperative Supports for Distributed Software Engineering Processes, Oxford, England.
- Dafoulas G., A. Pateli and M. Turega, (2002 - 7 pages), Business-to-Employee Cooperation Support Through Online Job Interviews, in Proceedings of the WBC - 02, 2nd International Workshop on Web Based Collaboration, in conjunction with DEXA 02, 13th International Conference on Database and Expert System Applications, 2-6 September, Aix-en-Provence, France, IEEE.
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2001 - 8 pages), Facilitating Group Formation and Role Allocation in Software Engineering Groups in Proceedings of AICCSA 2001: ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications, 25-29 June, Beirut, Lebanon, IEEE Computer Society (TCSE & TCCA), ISBN 0 7695 1165 1.
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2000 - 5 pages), Decision Making Issues in Software Engineering: Investigating Factors Affecting Team and Role Conflicts in Collaborating Virtual Teams, in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, November 30 - December 1 2000, Hong Kong, IEEE Computer Society.
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2000 - 9 pages), Assisting Knowledge Management in Virtual Software Teams: Coping with Location, Time and Cultural Differences, in Proceedings of the Cooperative Internet Computing 2000, 29 November 2000, Hong Kong, IEEE Computer Society, ISBN 962 367 288 8.
- Publications - Other Peer Reviewed Conferences:
- Dafoulas G., (2002 - 15 pages), Using UML to Build Knowledge Management and Decision Support Tools: The Case of Dynamically Allocating Roles in Software Engineering Teams in Proceedings of the ISIICT 2002: International Symposium on Innovation in Information & Communication Technology, 28-29 May 2002, Amman, Jordan.
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2001 - 1 page), Virtual Interviews: A Futuristic Approach to Recruitment, Assessment, Screening and Selection Processes in IT Organisations, abstract in Proceedings of the 11th Annual BIT Conference, 1-2 November 2000, Manchester, England.
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2001 - 15 pages), Investigating Cultural Differences in Virtual Software Teams, in Proceedings of BIT World 2001: Enabling Cultural Awareness, 4-6 June 2001, Cairo, Egypt, AIS / IRMA, ISBN 0 905304 36 5.
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2000 - 10 pages), Virtual Teams and Dynamic Role Allocation, in Proceedings of the 10th Annual BIT Conference, 1-2 November 2000, Manchester, England, ISBN 0 905304 33 0.
- Dafoulas G. and L. Macaulay, (2000 - 6 pages), DRASIS: Supporting Dynamic Role Allocation in Software Engineering Teams, in Proceedings of the GEMISIS Millennium Conference, 16-18 May 2000, Salford, England, IEE & BCS.