Selected publications/ presentations (from 2000)
- Holmshaw, J. and Hillier, S. (2000) Gender and culture: a sociological perspective to mental health problems in women, in Kohen, D. (ed.) Women and Mental Health. Routledge
- Elander, J., Simonoff, E., Pickles, A., Holmshaw, J. and Rutter, M. (2000) A longitudinal study of adolescent and adult conviction rates among children referred to child psychiatric services for behavioural or emotional problems. Criminal Behaviour and Mental Health, 10, 40-59.
- Simonoff, E., Elander, J., Holmshaw, J., Pickles, A., Murray, R. and Rutter, M. (2004) Predictors of antisocial personality: 1. Continuities from childhood to adult life. British Journal of Psychiatry, 184, 118-127.
- Burns, T., George, L., Holmshaw, J., Johnson, P., Kisosonkole, P., Koroma, A., Morris, B., Trifourkis, M. and Vincent, Zoe. (2004) Acute Mental Health Care in Haringey. Barnet, Enfield and Haringey MHT, Haringey Teaching PCT, the Matrix Project, Middlesex University.
- 2000Paper: Sociological approaches to mental health problems in women, at 6th World Congress on 'Innovations in Psychiatry-2000' [international conference].
- 2000Keynote speaker at the NHS Executive and The Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health conference 'Developing the Workforce for Effective Delivery of the National Service Framework for Mental Health' [national conference].
- 2004Paper: 'Supporting Service User Led Research in Mental Health', at Middlesex University conference on User Involvement in Health and Social Care, Practice, Education and Research.
- 2005Paper: 'Inpatient Experience' at London Mental Health Research and Development (LoMHRD) Research Showcase Conference
Professional Membership: Registered Nurse; Higher Education Academy
- Social inclusion in mental health
- Ethical and legal aspects of health care
- Sociology of health and illness, especially mental health
- Research methodology and work based research/ project work