Professor Jedrzej George Frynas
- 1995 BA/MA in History, University of Cambridge
- 1999 PhD in Management, Economics, Politics, University of St Andrews
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- International Business Strategy
- Multinational Firms
- Developing Economies
- Oil and gas sector
- International Business
- CSR and Sustainability
Recent Journal Articles:
- Frynas, J G (2010) "Corporate Social Responsibility and Societal Governance: Lessons from Transparency in the Oil and Gas Sector", Journal of Business Ethics 93(2), 163-179, ISSN: 0167-4544.
- Child, J, Rodrigues, S. B. and Frynas, J G (2009) "Psychic distance, its impact and coping modes: Interpretations of SME decision makers", Management International Review 49 (2), 199-224, ISSN: 0938-8249.
- Frynas, J G (2008) "Corporate social responsibility and international development: Critical assessment", Corporate Governance: An International Review, 16 (4), 274-281, ISSN: 0964-8410.
- Newell, P and Frynas, J G (2007) "Beyond CSR? Business, poverty and social justice",Third World Quarterly 28 (4), 669-681, ISSN 0143-6597.
- Frynas, J G, Pigman, G A and Mellahi, K (2006), "First Mover Advantages in International Business and Firm-SpecificPolitical Resources", Strategic Management Journal, 27 (4), 321-345, ISSN: 1097-0266.
- Blowfield, M and Frynas, J G (2005), "Setting New Agendas: Critical Perspectives on Corporate Social Responsibility in the Developing World", International Affairs, 81 (3), 499-513, ISSN: 14682346.
- Frynas, J G and Wood, G, (2006), "The Institutional Basis of Economic Failure: Anatomy of the Segmented Business System", Socio-Economic Review, 4 (2), 239-277, ISSN: 1475-1461.
- Frynas J G, Mellahi K. Global Strategic Management (2nd ed.), Oxford University Press, 2011 (422pp).
- Frynas J G. Beyond Corporate Social Responsibility - Oil Multinationals and Social Challenges, Cambridge University Press, 2009 (207pp).
- Mellahi K, Frynas J G, Finlay P. Global Strategic Management, Oxford University Press, 2005 (400pp).
- Frynas J G, Pegg S (eds). Transnational Corporations and Human Rights, Palgrave, 2003 (223pp).
Edited Special Issues of Journals:
- Special Issue of Journal of Corporate Citizenship on 'Corporate Social Responsibility in Emerging Economies', 2006.
- Special Issue of Third World Quarterly on 'Corporate Social Responsibility and International Development', 2007 (edited with Prof. Peter Newell, University of East Anglia).
Selected Links with External Organizations:
- Associate, consultancy firm Article 13
Founding member of the International Research Network on Business, Development and Society (IRN-BDS) with scholars from the UK, USA, Denmark, India, Argentina and South Africa
Polish, German and French