- PhD in International Law (National University of Ireland, Galway) - 2004
- LLM in International Human Rights Law (National University of Ireland, Galway) - 2001
- Maitrise de droint international public (UQAM, Canada) - 2000
- Licence en droit (Paris X, France) - 1999
- International Human Rights Law
- Indigenous Peoples & Human Rights
- Minority Rights
- Nomadic Peoples' Rights
- Human Rights & Development
- Local Relevance of Human Rights
- Human Rights & the Environment
- Business & Human Rights
- PhD Programme Leader (Law)
- Human Rights Law (LLB & LLM)
- Minority Rights and Indigenous Peoples (LLM)
- Globalisation, Development and Human Rights (Masters)
- Comparative Legal Systems and Comparative Law (LLM)
- Refugee Law (LLM)
- Public International Law (LLB, BA)
- Public and Constitutional Law (LLB, BA)
Jeremie is an acknowledged expert on indigenous peoples’ rights. His teaching and research interests lie in the fields of international human rights law, minority and indigenous peoples’ rights. He is a member of Minority Rights Group International’s Advisory Board on their Legal Cases Programme and also regularly works with the Forest Peoples’ Programme. He was one of the invited independent experts for United Nations Expert Seminar on Treaties and other arrangements between States and Indigenous Peoples. His current work focuses on the protection of nomadic peoples under international law, minority rights in Africa, and the interaction between business and human rights law
- Indigenous Peoples' Land Rights under International Law: From Victims to Actors (Transnational Publishers-Martinus Nijhoff 2007). ISBN 1-57105-369-7
Chapters in Edited Books:
- 'The new scramble for Africa: towards a human-rights based approach to large-scale land acquisitions in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) sub-region', (with David Keane) In: Chigara, Ben, (ed.) Southern African Development Community land issues: towards a new sustainable land relations policy. Routledge, London, 2012.
- ‘Land Rights and the Forest Peoples of Africa: An International Legal Perspective (with Valerie Couilard), in Robert Home (ed.), Land Laws in Sub-Saharan Africa (Pretoria University Law Press, 2012)
- ‘Indigenous Peoples and Peace-Agreements: Transforming Relationships or Empty Rhetoric?’ in Felipe Gomez and Gaby Ore Aguilar (eds) Transforming Societies Emerging From Conflicts: An Agenda For Equality And Social Justice (Intersentia – 2012)
- 'A new dawn over the Land: Shedding Light on Indigenous Peoples' Land Rights' (with Cathal Doyle), in Allen & Xanthaki (eds.), Reflections on the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (Hart Publishing, 2011)
- 'Custodian of the Land: Indigenous Peoples, Human Rights and Cultural Diversity', in Logan, Nic Craith, Langfield (eds), Cultural Diversity, Heritage and Human Rights (Routledge, 2010).
- 'Les Tribunaux Militaires et Tribunaux d'exceptions en Republique d'Irlande' (with Clementine Olivier), in Elisabeth Lambert-Abdelgawad (ed.), Tribunaux militaires, Juridictions d'exception: perspectives comparees et internationales, (AUF, Coll."Actualites francophones", 2007).
- 'The Treatment of Territory of Indigenous Peoples in International law', in J. Castellino amp; S. Allen, Title to Territory in International Law (Ashgate, 2003), pp.199 - 228.
- Entries (The Right to Self-determination; Cultural Rights: The Right to Enjoy a Distinct Culture; Indigenous Peoples' Rights) in Christien Van den Anker and Rhona Smith (eds.) The Essential Guide to Human Rights (Hodder, March 2005)
- The Blur of a Distinction: Adivasis Experience with Land Rights, Self-Rule and Autonomy. In N. Walsh and J. Castellino, International Law and Indigenous Peoples (Martinus Nijhof Publishers, 2005)
- ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Human Rights in Africa: the Pragmatic Revolution of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights,’ International & Comparative Law Quarterly, vol 60, January 2011 pp 37–62
- 'Nomadic Territories: A Human Rights Approach to Nomadic Peoples' Land Rights' 7:4 Human Rights Law Review (2007): 681-716
- 'Historical Indigenous Peoples' Land Claims: A Comparative and International Approach to the Common Law Doctrine on Indigenous Title' 56 (3) International and Comparative Law Quarterly (2007) 538-611
- 'Indigenous Rights in the Making: the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples' 14 (2) International Journal on Minority and Groups Rights (2007)
- 'Still no Place to Go: Nomadic Peoples' Territorial Rights in Europe', 4 European Yearbook on Minority Issues 141-159 (July 2006).
- 'Justice not Revenge: The International Criminal Court and the 'grounds to exclude criminal responsibility': defences or negation of criminality?' 10 (2) The International Journal of Human Rights 143-160 (June 2006).
- 'Self-Determination, Indigenous Peoples and Minorities', 3 Macquarie Law Journal, 2003, pp.155-178 (With Joshua Castellino)
- 'Environmental Degradation as A Threat to Life: A Question of Justice?', 6 Trinity College Law Review, 2003, pp.81-97
- 'Indigenous Peoples and Environmental Degradation: Human Rights Protection in a Time of Globalisation?' Nottingham Human Rights Law Review, Student Supplement, June 2001, pp.21-30
- “Etude de la législation de la République Centrafricaine au vu de la Convention 169 de l’Organisation internationale du travail relative aux peuples indigènes et tribaux”, Ranforest Foundation UK and ILO (February, 2012)
- Business, Human Rights and Indigenous Peoples: The Right to Free, Prior and Informed Consent',Joint Committee on Human Rights, 2009
- Land Rights and the Forest Peoples of Africa:Historical, Legal and Anthropological Perspectives, Forest Peoples Programme, 2009
- Mainstreaming Human Rightsin Treaties/Agreements between States and Indigenous Peoples, United Nations Expert Seminar, UN Doc. E/CN.4/Sub.2/AC.4/2004/7
- Accountability and Impunity: Chasing a Mirage in Jammu and Kasmir - An assessment of the ground situation 1999 to 2002, South Asia Human Rights Documentation Centre, 2002
Non-Academic Publications/ Newspapers articles
- 'La France et ses banlieues : entre 'racailles' et droit des minorites', France-Soir, 12 January 2006.
- Wake up! France has Minorities, Opinion - Metro Eireann, December 2005, p.8.
- 'Galway Anti-Racism Strategy, A Legal Appraisal', Galway City Partnership, National Campaign Against Racism, March 2004 (with Anthony Cullen, Shane Darcy and David Keane)
- 'Judgement Reserved: The Case of the National Human Rights Commission of India' Seminar, Vol.512, States of Insecurity, April 2002
- 'No to Slavery: Mauritania won't speak of it', Human Rights Features, 18-24 March 2002
- Le Protocole de Montreal, le droit de dire non aux OGM in La Lettre, Federation Internationale des Droits de l'Homme, March 2000.