Ken is a regular contributor to INSET courses and national and international conferences. Most recently he has been helping to introduce Drama in Education in Japan. He has written a variety of books and many articles on Drama, notably for the Drama Magazine. He is an Apple Distinguished Educator. He is the moderator for the Drama_UK online group and the Chair of the London Mentors harmonisation Group. Learn more at Ken's Domain.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Management (2007) Middlesex University
- Overseas Trained Teacher Assessor (2002) London North Consortium
- RSA Advanced Diploma in Drama in Education (1990) Drama and Tape Centre, London
- RSA Diploma in Drama in Education (1986) Drama and Tape Centre, London
- PGCE Specialist Drama in Education with Distinction (1983) City of Birmingham Polytechnic
- MA in Shakespeare Studies (1980) University of Birmingham at the Shakespeare Institute
- BA Humanities: English and Drama (1979) 2i Middlesex Polytechnic
- 2001: Edexcel GCSE Drama, with Jos Leeder, Hodder :amp: Stoughton, London ISBN 0-340-80151-4.
- 2000: ICT in Drama: Policy and Practice, Pearson Publishing, Cambridge, pp54. ISBN 1 85749 596 9
- 1991: Drama Strategies, Heinemann, London, pp. 143. ISBN 0 43518671 X
Articles and Chapters in Edited Books
- 2000: Chapter entitled: 'The Teaching Art: Preparing a Drama Teacher' in O:'Toole, J. and Lepp, M., (Eds.): Drama for Life: Stories of Adult Learning and Empowerment, Brisbane: Playlab Press, pp. 255-262, ISBN 0 908156 58 8.
- 1996: Chapter entitled: 'Drama in the National Curriculum at Key Stages 3 and 4', in the book Interpreting the New National Curriculum: edited by Professor Richard Andrews: Middlesex University Press, London, pp.145-157, ISBN 1 898253 06 4.
Refereed Articles in Academic Journals
- 1999: 'Drama and the Internet', Drama Nordisk dramapedagogisk tidsskrift, 1b-1999, ISSN 0332-5296 Drama, p39.
- 1999: 'The Drama Profile: Cecily O:'Neil', Drama, Spring 1999, Volume 6 No 1: ISSN 0967-4454, pp.2-3.
Conferences & Consultancy
- 03/08/2013-18/08/2013 ‘Introducing Drama in Education into Schools,’ series of lectures, workshops and demonstration lessons for the Association of Japanese Theatre in conjunction with Tokyo City Council, Japan.
- 03/08/2012-18/08/2012 ‘Introducing Drama in Education into Schools,’ series of lectures, workshops and demonstration lessons for the Association of Japanese Theatre in conjunction with Hiroshima City Council, Iwakuni City Council and Tokyo City Council, Japan.
- 06/08/2011-17/08/2011 ‘Introducing Drama in Education into Schools,’ series of lectures, workshops and demonstration lessons for the Association of Japanese Theatre Companies, Tokyo, Japan.
- 19/09/2009 DICE, Drama in Education Exchange with Japan event, Oval House Theatre30/01/2008 - 08/02/2008:'Introducing Drama in Education into Schools:' series of lectures, workshops and demonstration lessons Hiroshima City Council, Mihara City Council and Tokyo City Council, Japan.
- 26/07/2007 - 09/08/2007:'Introducing Drama in Education into Schools:' series of lectures and workshops for Okinawa Children:'s Theatre Festival, Tokyo Theatre Groups, Komagane City Council, Japan.
- 30/06/2004 - 09/07/2004: IDEA 2004 World Conference:'The Universal Mosaic:' paper presented and published. Ottawa, Canada
Programme Leader for the MA Education (Drama)
- Taught in conjunction with Trestle Theatre Company
- Focus on Visual and Physical Storytelling
Programme Leader for the Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- The relationships between theory, practice and content in terms of pedagogy and methodology
- The use of video and computer technology within the Drama classroom
I am currently researching in two main areas:
- The impact of technology on Drama in Education (this includes the Internet and video).
- The development of Professional Practice with regard to teacher education.
Taylor, Kenneth and Leeder, Jos (2001) GCSE drama for edexcel. Hodder and Stoughton, London. ISBN 0340801514
Taylor, Kenneth (2000) ICT in drama: policy and practice. Pearson Publishing, Cambridge. ISBN 1857495969
Taylor, Kenneth (2000) The teaching art: preparing a drama teacher. In: Drama for life: stories of adult learning and empowerment. O'Toole, J. and Lepp, M. , eds. Playlab Press, Brisbane, pp. 255-262. ISBN 0908156588