Dr Linda Duffy
Selected Publications/ Seminars
- Nyman, K. R., Baluch, B. & Duffy, L. J. (In press). Human figure drawings by children in hospital and mainstream schools. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education
- Duffy, L. J. and Ericsson, K. A. (2007) Handedness, practice and transfer of learning: Evidence from Elite Dart Players. Manuscript in preparation.
- Duffy, L. J., Ericsson, K. A. and Baluch, B. (2007) In search of the loci for sex differences in throwing: The effects of physical size and differential recruitment rates on high levels of dart performance. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. Vol: 78, (1) 71 - 78.
- Duffy, L.J., Baluch, B. Ericsson, K.A.(2004). Dart performance as a function of facets of practice amongst professional and amateur men and women players. International Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol:35, 232-245.
- Gunter, B., Baluch, B., Duffy, L.J., and Furnham, A. (2002) Children's Memory for TV Advertising: The Effects of Programme/Advertising Congruity. Applied Cognitive Psychology, Vol: 16, 171-190
- Duffy, L., Ericsson, K. A Baluch, B. (2001). The Nature of Gender Differences in Dart Performance. Paper published in the proceedings of The 10th World Congress of Sport Psychology, Skiathos, Greece.
- Baluch, B. Randhawa, G., Holmes, S., Duffy, L.J. (2001). Signing the Organ Donor Card: The Relationship Between Expressed Attitude, Actual Behaviour and Personality Traits. The Journal of Social Psychology. Vol: 141(1) 124-126.
- Duffy, L.J., Baluch, B. and Ericsson, K. Anders. (1999) Factors Affecting the Structure and Acquisition of Expert Performance in Sport: Evidence from Darts. Paper published in the proceedings of the V1 European Congress of Psychology in Rome
- Duffy, L.J. and Hinwood, D. (1997) Home Field Advantage: Does Anxiety Contribute? In Perceptual and Motor Skills, 84, 283-286.
- Duffy, L.J. and Steinberg, H. (1996) Social Facilitation and Individual Performance - an investigation of dart players. Paper published in the proceedings of the British Psychological Society Sport and Exercise workshop in Brighton.
Administrative and professional duties/roles
Director of programmes
Member of London Sport Institute
Sport and Exercise psychology; Research Methods; Introductory Psychology.
Factors affecting the structure and acquisition of expert performance in sport. Gender differences in the development of target throwing expertise. The effects of coaching style and parental influence on participation and development of youth soccer players.