BA (Law) (Rand Afrikaans University 1992) BA Honours (Political Studies) (Rand Afrikaans University 1994) LLB (Rand Afrikaans University 1995) Certificate in Legal Practice (University of Cape Town 1999) LLM (International Economic Law) (University of South Africa 2005) Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Jones M W and Schoeman H C 'The South African Constitution and Electronic Commerce' WWW2004 conference, Rand Afrikaans University, Johannesburg, September 2004.
- Jones M W and Schoeman H C 'The legality of email monitoring at the workplace' Internet Security South Africa, Gallagher Estate, South Africa, July 2004; Technicon Witwatersrand Management conference, Randburg, August 2004.
- Jones M W and Schoeman HC An Introduction to South African Banking and Credit Law LexisNexis Butterworths 2006.
- Jones M W'Close Corporations' in Fouche, MA (Ed) Legal Principles of Contracts and Commercial Law 6 ed LexisNexis Butterworths 2004.
- Jones M W'Close Corporations' Fouche MA (Ed) Workbook for Contracts and Commercial Law 4 ed LexisNexis Butterworths 2004.
- Jones MW and Fouche MA: 'The National Credit Act', 2006 supplement to student textbook: Fouche, MA (Ed) 'Legal Principles of Contracts and Commercial Law' 6 ed LexisNexis Butterworths 2004
Mariette is programme leader for the LLB by Distance Learning, which it is hoped will run from October 2014. She is module leader for Tort on the LLB programme, and for Corporate Governance on the LLM. She team teaches on the English Legal System and Business Organisations.
She has recently finished a textbook on the law of tort, which is to be published in early 2014.
Mariette's research interests include corporate governance and corporate responsbility, civil liability and tort, as well as comparative law. She has recently supervised a PhD student to completion in the area of World Trade Law, and welcomes Doctoral students in the following areas:
- Civil liability;
- Corporate law;
- Corporate governance and corporate responsbility;
- International economic law;
- Comparative law.