Dr Michela Vecchi
PhD in Economics (University of Ancona), MSc in Economics, (University of Glasgow),Laurea Cum Laude in Political Science (University of Macerata)
- Labour Economics
- Productivity and innovation
- Panel Data Econometrics
- Econometric Methods
- Labour Economics
PhD in Economics (University of Ancona, Italy), MSc in Economics (University of Glasgow), Laurea Cum Laude in Political Science (Italy)
- Mason, G., O'Leary, B., Vecchi, M. (2012). Certified and uncertified skills and productivity growth performance: cross-country evidence at industry level. Labour Economics 19(3), 351-360.
- Bournakis, I., Vecchi, M. (2010). Tangible and intangible capital and the pattern of specialisation in the EU. Review of Economics and Institutions, vol. 1, 1-28.
- OMahony, M., Vecchi, M. (2009). R and D, knowledge spillovers and companies productivity performance. Research Policy 38, 35-44.
- OMahony, M., Robinson, C., Vecchi, M. (2008). The impact of ICT on the demand for skilled labour: a cross-country comparison. Labour Economics, vol. 15, p. 1435-1450.
- Byrne, J., Vecchi, M. (2010). Does labour productivity flow across industries? Estimation robust to panel heterogeneity and cross sectional correlation. Applied Economic Letters 17(2), 111-115.
- Vecchi, M and O'Mahony, M, (2005), "Quantifying the impact of ICT on output growth: A heterogeneous dymamic panel approach", Economica, 72 (288), 615-633, ISSN: 00130427.
Vecchi, M, Darby, J and Hart, R, (2001), "Wages, work intensity and unemployment in Japan, UK and USA", Labour Economics, 8 (2), 243-258, ISSN: 09275371.
Articles and Chapters in Edited Books:
- Rincon, A., Vecchi, M. (2003). Productivity performance at the company level. In O'Mahony M. and van Ark, B. (eds) EU productivity and competitiveness: an industry perspective. Can Europe resume the catching-up process?. Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities(http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/enterprise_policy/competitiveness/doc/eu_competitiveness_a_sectoral_perspective.pdf).
- OMahony, M., Vecchi, M., (2000). Tangible and Intangible Investment and Economic Performance: Evidence from Company Accounts. Buiges, P., Jacquemin, A., Marchipont, F. (eds.), Competitiveness and the Value of Intangible Assets, Edward Elgar, UK, 2000.
- Darby, J., Hart, R., Vecchi, M., (2001). Labour Force Participation and Business Cycle Fluctuations: A Comparative Analysis of Europe, Japan and the United States. Japan and the World Economy, 13, 113-133.
- Vecchi, M., (2000). Increasing Returns versus Externalities: Pro-Cyclical Productivity in US and Japan. Economica 67, 229-244.
- Rincon, A., Vecchi, M., Venturini, F. (2012). Sources of ICT spillovers, firms' absorptive capacity and productivity performance. ICT conference Paris, 5-6 October 2012.
- Bournakis, I., Vecchi, M., Venturini, F. (2012). Off-shoring and specialisation: are industries moving abroad? Royal Economic Society Conference, Cambridge, 26-28 March 2012.
- Rincon, A., Vecchi, M., Venturini, F. (2011). ICT spillovers, firms' absorptive capacity and aggregation effects. ICTNET workshop, Mannheim, 24-25 October 2011.
- Bournakis, I., Vecchi, M. (2010). Tangible and intangible capital and the pattern of specialisation in the EU. Scottish Economic Society conference, Perth, 12-14 April 2010.
- Mason, G., OLeary, B., Vecchi, M. (2007). Revisiting the impact of human capital on productivity: new cross-country evidence at sector level. WPEG conference, Manchester, 10th July 2007. EALE conference, Oslo, 20th ndash; 22nd September 2007.
- Mason, G., OLeary, B., Vecchi, M. (2007). Innovation, human capital and .productivity. NIESR/AGF workshop, The determinants of investments in Ramp;D: international and UK evidence. London, 24th May 2007.
- Rincon-Aznar, A., Robinson, C., Vecchi, M., (2005). The productivity impact of E-commerce in the UK: evidence from microdata. Business Data Linking Quarterly Workshop, London, 28th January 2005. The Royal Economic Society Conference, Nottingham, 21st - 23rd March 2005. The Scottish Economic Society Conference, Perth, 29th -31st March 2005. Business Data Linking Annual Conference, Cardiff 7th-9th September 2005.
- Croucher, R., White, G., Vecchi, M. (2011). The impact of the minimum wage on the youth labour market. An international literature review for the Low Pay Commission. Other contributors include: Bournakis, I., Bourgess, P., Hawkes, D., Sepulveda, L., Symon, G., Tzouramani, E., Vandekerckhove, W., Veersma, U.
- Mason, G., OLeary, B., Vecchi, M. (2007). Cross country analysis of productivity and skills at sector level. Report to the Sector Skill Development Agency (http://www.ssda.org.uk/ssda/pdf/070531%20R%20Research%20Report%20-%2023.pdf).
- Vecchi, M., Barrell, R., Becker, B., Schmidt-Ehmcke, J., Stephan, A., (2007). The determinants of investment in industrial R and D in the United Kingdom and in Germany. Report to the Anglo-German foundation.
- OMahony, M., Stevens, P., Vecchi, M. , Weale, M.R (2003). Measuring the cost effectiveness of local authorities. Commissioned by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM).
- Rincon, A., Vecchi, M., Venturini, F. (2012). "ICT spillovers, absorpitve capacity and productivity performance", Middlesex University Working Papers (forthcoming). Under consideration with the Review of Economics and Statistics.
- Bournakis, I., Vecchi, M., Venturini, F. (2011). "Offshoring and Specialisation: Are Industries Moving Abroad?,"Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 98/2011, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica. Under consideration with the Review of International Economics.
- Rincon, A., Robinson, K., Vecchi, M. (2005). The productivity impact of E-commerce in the UK, 2001. Evidence from micro-data. NIESR discussion paper n. 257 (http://www.niesr.ac.uk/pubs/dps/dp257.pdf).
- Royal Economic Society
Link with Partner/Business Organisations:
Visiting Fellow, National Institute of Economic and Social Research
Italian, English, French