Dr Nawaz Khan
- Senior Lecturer
- Course Leader - MSc Business Information Technology; MSc Services Computing
- Bundell, B and Khan, N. (2006) 'Computer Systems and Networking'; Thomson Publishers.
Book Chapter Publication:
- Stiglic, G., Khan, N. and Kokol, P. (2008) 'Knowledge extraction from micro array datasets using combined multiple models to predict leukaemia types', in book 'Data Mining: Foundations and Practice', Springer-Verlag.
Computer Science Lecture Notes:
- Stiglic, G, Khan, N and Kokol, P (2007), 'Gene Expression Analysis of Leukemia Samples Using Visual Interpretation of Small Ensembles: A Case Study', Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics, Computer Science Lecture Notes, Springer Verlag.
Refereed and published conference proceedings:
- Khan, N., Lam, H., Rahman, S and Stockman, T., (2007) 'From laboratory data to public domain disease database: AJAX based search engine'; 20th IEEE conference on Computer Based Medical systems, 20-22 June, 2007, University of Maribor, Slovenia. IEEE Computer Society Press. (Accepted).
- Khan, N., Ikejuaku C. A. and Rahman, S., (2005), 'Prediction of MODY3 Type II Diabetes Using Backpercolation'. 18th IEEE International Conference on Computer Based Medical Systems, Bioinformatics and its Medical Application Session, 22-24 June. Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. Proc. IEEE Computer Society Press. ISBN: 0-7695-2355-2. Pp. 401.
- Khan, N. and Rahman, S, 'Interoperability and Navigation Between Medical Databases Using Context Graph', (2004) 4th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent System Design and Application. Session: Intelligent System Design and Application in Medicine, 24 - 29 August. Budapest, Hungary. IEEE Computer Society Press, ISBN: 96-37154-30-2. Pp. 133-138.
- Khan N., Rahman, S and Stockman, A.G., (2004) 'A Framework for Molecular Biology Database Integration Using Context Graph'. 17th IEEE International Symposium on Computer based medical Systems. 24-25 June National Institute of Health, USA and National Library of Medicine, Battesda MD, USA.. Proc. IEEE Computer Society Press, ISBN: 0-7695-1614-9. Pp. 21-26.
- Khan N, Rahman, S and Stockman, A.G., (2003) Integrating Molecular Biology Databases Using Image Object Keying. 16th IEEE International Symposium on Computer Based Medical Systems. 26-27 June, Mount Sanai Medical School, NewYork., Proc. IEEE Computer Society Press, ISBN: 0-7695-1901-6. Pp 16.
- Khan N and Rahman, S (2003); A New Approach to Detect Similar Proteins from Gel Electrophoresis Images. 3rd IEEE international conference on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering. Washington D.C. Proc. IEEE computer society press, ISBN: 0-7695-1907-5, Pp182.
- Khan, N, Stockman, T and Rahman, S (2002); A Cooperative Environment for Genetic Variance Analysis Using Component Database for Database Integration. 15th IEEE international conference on Computer based medical systems (CBMS); Proc. IEEE computer society press. 4-7 June, 2002, Slovenia, ISBN: 3-00-008114-3, Pp 365.
- Khan, N and Rahman, S (2002); Object Modelling of Gene Mutation Data for Variance Analysis. 6th World Conference on Systemics, Informatics and Cybernatics in Medical and Biology. Florida, USA, Proc. International Institute of Information System (IIIS), ISBN: 980-07-8150-1, Pp: 301.
- Khan, N. and Rahman, S. (2001); A Conceptual Object Modelling of Gene Mutation Data. German Conference of Bioinformatics, GCB01. Germany, Proc. ISBN: 3-00-008114-3, Pp. 187
- Khan, N., Rahman, S and Clarkson, G. T. (2001); An Approach to Develop Human Gene Disorder Database for Intelligent Variance Analysis of Genes and its Products. 12th International workshop on Database and Expert System (DEXA, 2001). 3-7 September, Germany, Munich. Proc. IEEE Computer society press, ISBN: 0-7695-1230-5, Pp. 301.
- BIS4435 - Industrial Data Management for Decision Support
- BIS 3214 - Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Health Informatics
- Web semantics
- Integration of Data
Chairing Special Track Conference Sessions:
- Session Chair: Fuzzy System and Fuzzy Logic
Conference: 4th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Design and Application, August, 26-28, 2004, Budapest, Hungary.
- Session Chair: Medical Data Mining
Conference: 17th IEEE International Conference on Computer Based Medical Systems, 24-25 June, 2004, Battesda MD, USA.
- Session Chair: Bioinformatics
Conference: 20th IEEE International Conference on Computer Based Medical systems, 21-23 June, 2007, Maribor, Slovenia.
Program Committee Member: International Conference of Health Informatics
Program Committee Member: Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics (PRIB)
- Project 1: Information Representation for Effective Search and Retrieval for Different Literacy User Groups.
- Project 2: Prediction and Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus using artificial neural networks.