Dr Philip Frame
BA Hons Social Anthropology, MSc Organisational Development, PhD
- Diversity Management
- Work Based Learning
- The Impact of Age on Learning
- Organisational Consulting
- Learning to Learn
- Work Placed Learning
Work Based Learning
BA Hons Social Anthropology (2.ii), University of Sussex, MSc Organisational Development (Sheffield City Polytechnic), PhD The Management of Financial Stringency and the Nature of Management Sub-cultures"
- Director on Work Based Learning Programmes
- Course Leader: BA Recruitment Practice
- Module Leader: Organisational Placement, Organisational Internship and Organisational Consulting
- Frame, P. (editor) 2001 Student Induction in Practice SEDA, paper 113, Birmingham, 104 pages, ISBN 1-902 435-16-8.
- Frame, P., and Burnett, J., (editors) 2008 The Use of Auto/biography in Teaching and Learning Accepted for publication by SEDA.
Articles and Chapters in Edited Books:
- Frame, P. 2001 "Managing the Induction Crisis: students can make a difference" in Student Induction in Practice, edited by P. Frame, SEDA, paper 113, Birmingham pages 39-46 ISBN 1-902 435-16-8.
- Frame, P., and O'Connor, J. 2005 Developing Diversity Management Skills in a University Context: a direct or indirect approach? in Teaching Inclusively: Essays on Course, Department, and Institution Diversity Initiatives, edited by M. L. Ouellett, New Forums Press, Stillwater, USA, pages 533-550.
- Frame, P., 2008, "Articulating the Learning From Part Time Work" in Work-based Learning Journeys to the Core of Higher Educations, edited by B Workman, J. Garnett and C. Costly, London, Middlesex University Press (in press for Jubne, 2008).
- Namazie, P., and Frame, P., 2006 The Influence of Multi-National Companies in the Development of Human ResourceManagement in Iran International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol 18 no 1, pages 159-171.
- Frame, P., O'Connor, J., Hartog, M., and Kyprianou, A., 2006 Which Diversity Domains Have Most Impact on Student Learning? International Journal of Diversity in Organisations, Communities and Nations, Vol 5, Issue 4, pages 111-118.
Brown, C., and Frame, P., 2007 Developing a learning process framework for innovation management International Journal of the Business Environment, Vol. 1, No. 4, pages 442-461.
- Frame, P., 2006 From Teaching to Learning: developing ethical practice from productive diversity management Towards a comprehensive Integration of Ethics into Management, 14th International Symposium on Ethics, Business and Practice, University of Navarra Business School, Barcelona, Spain.
- Frame, P., Harwood, T., Hoult, L., Jenkins, M., and Lynch, K., 2007 Age and Learning: an exploration of the ways in which the changing age profile of learners and teachers in higher education is changing pedagogy Teaching and Learning Conference on The Challenges and Opportunities of Diversity, Middlesex University http://mubs.mdx.ac.uk/diversity/keynotes.htm#keynotes
- Frame, P., 2007 Exposing the Learning from Part Time Work, E-Evolve Enhancing Employability Conference, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, www.uclan.ac.uk/evolve/conference/programme.htm
- Frame, P., 2007 Learning from Part Time Work: a curriculum development, Work Based learning-Excellence in Practice, University Vocational Awards Council Annual Conference, York.
Honours and Prizes:
- Middlesex University Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Middlesex University Teaching Fellowship
- Middlesex Senior Teaching Fellowship
National Teaching Fellowship
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Executive Committee Member and Co-Chair of Papers Committee
- Staff Education and Development Association
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Founder member of the International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning