Articles and chapters in edited books::
- 'The Afterlife of Wilkie Collins' in Jenny Bourne Taylor, ed., The Cambridge Companion to Wilkie Collins, Cambridge: CUP, 2006.
- 'Horizons of the Publishable: Publishing in/as Literary Studies', English Literary History (ELH) [published by Johns Hopkins UP], 75, Fall 2008, pp. 707-736
- "We Are Too Menny": Literature's Proletariat, New Left Review 28, July-August 2004: pp.139-149.
- Fixing Meaning: Intertextuality, Inference and the Horizon of the Publishable, Radical Philosophy 124, March/April 2004, pp.13-26
- Member of SHARP (Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing)
- Member of the Modern Languages Association (MLA)
The nineteenth century novel, colonial and post-colonial writing, genre.
Intertextuality, theories of reading, publishing and writing, in particular contemporary literary publishing: literary festivals, fan fiction.