Professor Richard Croucher
- BA in Modern History (Class 2, Division 1) 1970, University of Warwick
- MA in Comparative Labour History 1973, University of Warwick
- PhD: 'Industrial Relations in Engineering: Methods of Wage Payment and Workplace Organisation', 1977 University of Warwick
- Human Resource Management
- Vocational Education and Training
- Global labour issues
- Employment relations
- Institutional theory
- Eastern Europe and Russia
My teaching interests are identical to my research interests.
Associate Dean for Research, Middlesex University Business School (since September 2005)
Professor of Comparative Employment Relations, Middlesex University Business School (since June 2005)
Visiting Professor, Cranfield School of Management (since June 2005)
Visiting Professor, Ecole Supérieure de Commerce, Clermont-Ferrand, France (since May 1999).
Member of the comité scientifique, Ecole Supérieure de Commerce, Clermont-Ferrand (since January 2004).
Previous two positions:
Lecturer, August 1997, then September 2002-June 2005: Senior Research Fellow, Human Resource Research Centre, Cranfield School of Management, Cranfield University.
1. 'Employee involvement in Ukraine companies', The International Journal of Human Resource Management. 21(14): 2659-2676. November 2010.
2. 'Context, strategy and financial participation: a comparative analysis', Human Relations (with G. Wood, M. Brookes, C. Brewster). Available through 'On Line First' from 10 March, 2010.
3. 'The legal structuring of women's collective voice in South Korean workplaces', Journal of Contemporary Asia (with L. Miles). 39(2): 231-246. May 2009.
4. 'HRM and performance in European firms', Cambridge Journal of Economics (with M. Rizov) 33: 253-272. March 2009.
5. 'Varieties of firm: complementarity and bounded diversity', Journal of Economic Issues (with G. Wood, D.Collings, M. Brookes, C. Brewster). XLIII (1): 239-258. March 2009.
6. 'German employers' inputs to employee skills development', Industrial Relations. A Journal of Economy and Society (Berkeley, California)(with M. Brookes) Available on line from 16 February 2009.
Research Funding History:
Funding currently held:
Nuffield Foundation: comparative study of national Minimum Wage and its predecessor the Wages Council system.
2010: Low Pay Commission (two projects).
2005: European Foundation for Working and Living Conditions
2002-2004: Leverhulme Foundation (£20,000). Grant number: F/00/509/A
2004: Low Pay Commission (£18,700)
2004: Department of Trade and Industry (£8,000)
2001-2002: Economic and Social Research Council (£42,000). Award number: R 000 223445
2001: Department for International Development (£25,000)
1999: Anglo-German Foundation for the Study of Industrial Society (£83,000) Grant number: 1279
French, German and Italian