- Research Student Tutor
- Senior Design Engineer - Autonomous Systems Laboratory
- Patents, Design Registrations, Trademarks
- Prior, S.D., Erbil, M.A., Foran, T., Odedra, S. and Karamanoglu, M. (2008) Compact Unmanned Aerial Vehicle; Patent GB0810886.2; Newport; Date Filed: 16 June
- Prior, S.D., Erbil, M.A., Foran, T., Odedra, S. and Karamanoglu, M. (2008) Co-Axial Tri-Rotor Unmanned Aerial Vehicle; Design Registration 4008525; Newport; Date Filed: 5 August
- Prior, S.D., Erbil, M.A., Foran, T., Odedra, S. and Karamanoglu, M. (2008) Compact Unmanned Aerial Vehicle; Trademark HALO 2494871; Newport; Date Filed: 8 August
Refereed and published conference proceedings:
- Prior, S.D., Karamanoglu, M., Odedra, S., Foran, T. and Erbil, M.A.; 2009; Development of a Co-Axial Tri-Rotor UAV; 24th Bristol International Unmanned Air Vehicle Systems Conference; 30 March-1 April; University of Bristol; pp. xx-xx (Accepted)
- Odedra, S., Prior, S.D. and Karamanoglu, M.; 2007; Improving the Mobility Performance of Autonomous Unmanned Ground Vehicles by Adding the Ability to 'Sense/Feel' Their Local Environment; In R. Shumaker (Ed.) Proceedings of the 12th HCI International Conference, 22-27 July; Beijing International Conference Center, Beijing, P.R. China, LNCS 4563, pp.514-522. Heidelberg: Springer. ISBN: 978-3-540-73334-8
- Odedra, S., Prior, S.D. and Karamanoglu, M.; 2007; Towards Solving the Mobility Issues of Unmanned Ground Vehicles; Proceedings of the SPIE Defence & Security Symposium, 9-13 April; Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center, Florida, USA. (Proceedings Volume 6561, doi: 10.1117/12.721495). ISSN: 0277-786X
- Rodrigues, H., Gaspar, T., Odedra, S., Costa, M., Metrôlho, J.C., Prior, S.D., Bardill, A., Silva, C., Tavares, A. and Couto, C.; 2005; Development of Mobile Platforms using PDA Bluetooth Control; IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics - ISIE'2005, 20-23 June, Dubrovnik, Croatia; ISBN: 0-7803-8738-4; pp.1353-1358
- Gaspar, T., Rodrigues, H., Odedra, S., Costa, M., Metrôlho, J.C., Bardill, A. and Prior, S.D.; 2004; Handheld Devices as Actors in Domotic Monitoring System; Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics 2004 - INDIN'04, 24-26 June; Berlin, Germany; ISBN: 0-7803-8513-6; pp. 547-551
Other refereed and/or non-published conference contributions:
- Gaspar, T., Rodrigues, H., Odedra, S., Costa, M., Metrôlho, J.C., Bardill, A. and Prior, S.D.; 2004; Poster on Domotic Applications using PDA Technologies as Actors; Technical Workshop of the Forum CYTED-IBEROEKA - Inovação na Região Ibero-Americana, FIL Reunions Centre - Parque das Naçôes, Lisbon, 17-19 October.
- A 50 min stage production of 'Swan Breaks' in collaboration with the Hip Hop dance company Robert Hylton Urban Classicism (RHUC); premiered at the Laban Theatre, London on 11 October 2007.
- Reviewed at http://www.danceuk.org/metadot/index.pl?id=25110 and at http://www.londondance.com/content.asp?CategoryID=712
- PDE1250 - Computer Aided Design, Visualisation & Prototyping (Module Leader)
- PDE1290 - Design and Engineering Practice (Module Leader)
- PDE2292 - Mechatronics and Robotics
- PDE3253 - Dissertation, Research Methods, Articulation and Professional Practice
- PDE4601 - Professional Practice II - Thesis (Supervisor)
- Keywords: Robotics, Autonomous Systems, Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV), Reconfigurable Robotic Systems, Military Technology, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV).
- Sid is currently doing research towards his PhD, which is involved with the off-road mobility of Unmanned Ground Vehicles. His research is investigating into how vehicles cope with different terrain and how future systems can be designed to be more terrain capable.
- Sid is also the Senior Design Engineer within a small team of researchers at Middlesex developing novel Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for military operations in the urban environment. The team was one of only eleven to be chosen to compete in the recent MoD Grand Challenge Event 2008. This work has resulted in valuable intellectual property for the University protected by Patent, Design Registration and Trademark.