Dr Arumugam Siri Bavan
BSc, PgD, MSc, PhD
My research areas include Artificial Neural Networks, Parallel and Distributed Computing and Computer Architecture. Currently I am involved with the development of a protein/DNA sequence recognition model, model for recognising finger-prints in DNA and Ligand binding in the area of Bioinformatics using artificial neural networks. I am also working on the message passing language I designed and a proof for the design specification derived from the language. Apart from this I am developing a software for designing and implementing business data flow systems using the message passing language.
- BIS1501 - Introduction to e-Business Applications
- BIS3700 - Intelligent Systems Design and Implementation (Module Leader)
- Principal Lecturer
- Course Leader - MSc Data and Knowledge Engineering
- Bavan, A.S., Illingworth, E., (2001), A Language for Implementing Parallel and Distributed Systems Using Asynchronous Point-to-Point Communication, International Journal of Computer Research, Vol 10, Number 3, pp. 385-401, Nova Science Publications.
- Bavan, A.S., Ford, M., Kalatzi, M. (2000) Genomic and Proteomic Sequence Recognitiion using a connectionist interference model, Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology, Wiley, pages 901-91.
- Bavan, A.S., Illingworth, E., Milankovic-Atkinson, M., Walker, M.J. (1997) Parallel Processing in LIPS. In International conference on information, communications and signal processing, IEEE, ISBN 0-7803-3676-3, pages 1480-1483.