Dr Xiaohong Gao
- Gao, X., Golovan, A., Hong, K., Podladchikova, L.N., Shaposhnikov, D.G., Shevtsova, N. (2002) Road Sign Recognition by means of the Behavioural Model of Vision, 3rd All-Russian Conference on Neuroinformatics, Russia, pp 63-69, ISBN 5-7262-0399-2
- Chapman, N., Witt, N., Gao, X. Bharath, A., Stanton, A., Thom, S., Hughes, A. (2001) Computer Algorithms for the Automated Measurement of Retinal Arteriolar Diameters, British Journal of Opthalmology, 85, pages 74-79
- Gao, X. Bharath, A., Stanton, A., Thom, S., Hughes, A., Chapman, N. (2001) Measurement of Vessel Diameters on Retinal for Cardiovascular Studies, Medical Image Understanding and Analysis, The University of Birmingham.
- Gao XHW, Bharath A, Stanton A, Hughes A, Chapman N, Thom S, Quantification and characterisation of arteries in retinal images, Computer methods and programs in biomedicine, 63 (2), 133-146, 2000
- Gao, X., Bharath, A., Thom, S., (2000), Characterisation of Retinal Images for Hypertension Studies, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, Vol 63(2).
- Gao, X., Ramsden, A., Adams, R., (2000), Development of a specific Library System for Visually Impaired Users, Proceedings of the 18th IASTED International conference on Applied Informatics, Innsbruck, Austria, Vol 307-8-001.
- Gao, X.W. (invited speaker), (2000), Colour Reproduction in E-commerce Systems, SSGRR 2000, L'Aquila, July 31 to August 6, Italy.
- Gao, X., Bharath, A., Hughes, A., Standon, A., plus 2 others, (1997), Towards Retinal Vessel Parameterisation, Proceedings of SPIE International Symposium on Medical Imaging, Vol 3034
- CMT1000 - Introduction to Computer Programming
- CMT2300 - Fundamentals of Computer Graphics (Module Leader)
- Xiaohong has worked in the following research areas: the development of an electronic library, the first online digital library in Europe at De Montfort University Milton Keynes, trademark image retrieval at University of Northumbria at Newcastle, retinal image analysis at Imperial College, and 3D brain image mapping at Cambridge University.
- Her current research interests include image analysis for medical applications, especially for brain and retinal images, image retrieval, colour imaging, and pattern recognition for traffic signs. She is the Principle investigator for an EPSRC grant (GR/N38725) working with Cambridge University and IGE Medical Systems Limited.
Director of Studies
- Stephen Batty: Content-Based Retrieval of 3D PET (Positron Emission Tomography) Neurological Images (PhD awarded 2004)
- Kunbin Hong: Development of a detection system for identification of traffic signals (PhD awarded 2005)
- Qian Yu: Image compression
- Vooi Voon Yap: Coding of synthetic images using wavelets (PhD awarded 2005)