In a globalised world HR professionals face many challenges around the areas of leadership and people management, cross-cultural and expatriate management, global integration, governance systems and, and reward and performance management. In increasingly globalised and dynamic work places organisations require adaptable professionals who understand these issues.
Why study MA International Human Resource Management (CIPD Accredited) at Middlesex University?
Grounded in the standards of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, the world’s largest HR professional body, this course provides a unique insight in traditional and non-traditional sectors with a focus on subjects such as international reward management, globalisation and liberalisation of the national economies, and comparative employment relations. As well as acquiring knowledge on these key topics you will also develop the capabilities to utilise people related data, metrics, and use analytics for insight driven and informed practice to further the priorities of the organisation.
The course, designed for both graduates and HR professionals, has a strong emphasis on understanding the links between theory and practice, taught by an experienced and research driven team you will also attend guest lectures from renowned HR professors, develop skills in metrics and analytics with practitioners, residential activities, and have the option of integrating a 6 month work placement into your learning. If you would like a more graduated approach to undertaking study there is also the extended 15 month version of the course.
- Middlesex University is a CIPD Approved Centre and successful completion of the programme leads to Associate Membership of the CIPD.
- Develop an understanding of key issues in IHRM including; international reward management, organisation development and change management in MNCs, globalisation and liberalisation of the national economies, comparative employment relations, and international trade union movement
- Opportunity to incorporate a 6 month work placement to enable you to develop your professional practice and apply and the knowledge and skills acquired in the course
- Gain insights into the application of theory into practice through learning from both research active academics and experienced practitioners
- The course meets standards of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the world’s largest HR professional body.