Requiring compassion, communication and care, nursing is a challenging but hugely rewarding occupation. The profession has changed over the last decade and is now at the heart of major developments in the NHS. In studying at Middlesex, you will learn a range of nursing skills and techniques to effectively care for adult patients. Problem-solving and critical decision-making will become second nature, and you will become confident working collaboratively in teams.
Why study PGDip Nursing (Adult) at Middlesex University?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing (Adult field) provides an opportunity to gain professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in just two years. The course is primarily suited to graduates with health related degrees, however graduates in other subjects are actively encouraged to apply.
Developed in close consultation with our Trust partners (both acute and primary care), service users and previous students, this innovative diploma consists of an equal split between theory and practice. You will be equipped with a range of essential nursing skills and techniques in order to effectively care for adult patients in a variety of healthcare environments. We will develop your presence of mind and flexibility required to juggle the needs of multiple patients at the same time. Communication skills are fundamental to being a successful nurse, therefore you must have the personal skills to ease tension and anxiety in testing circumstances.
As part of your training you'll learn how to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for adults of all ages possessing a range of health conditions. There's plenty to learn in an ever-evolving, high pressure environment, so it's essential that you're observant and able to assess what is best for each individual.
- Middlesex is a leading provider of nursing and midwifery education, with one of the highest student satisfaction ratings in London
- We're also highly rated for our student support, which particularly helps students with non-traditional qualifications reach their potential
- Your studies are supported by brand new state-of-the-art facilities including nursing skills labs, professional training equipment and a dedicated building that can deliver a range of high-fidelity simulations in areas such as resuscitation and dealing with seriously ill patients
- The course is funded by the Department of Health, so there are no tuition fees
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.