Teaching in a primary school is one of the most rewarding careers you can have. You will be working with a team of teachers and other adults to support children (aged 5 to 11) to succeed inside and outside the classroom. The course is taught by expert tutors with extensive experience working in educational settings, ensuring you are well supported to achieve the best results.
Why study PGCE Primary Education with QTS at Middlesex University?
This one-year full time course enables you to meet the national standards for the award of qualifies teacher status. We have excellent relationships with schools across London and the surrounding area and during your studies you'll spend up to 120 days in a school setting.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the education system and practical teaching strategies as well as then having the opportunity to apply them. You will be introduced to further issues and strategies each week, which you will be able to investigate and apply in a practical setting before reflecting on the entire experience. The serial nature of the course allows you to return to University regularly to reflect on your practical application.
The teaching quality and individual support for students on the Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programmes at Middlesex consistently produce the highest outcomes and very high employment rates of our trainees who typically gain their first teaching appointments during the courses. You will benefit from the guidance of expert tutors who bring a wealth of professional experience to their teaching, and who are are widely published across disciplines such as multilingualism, diversity and childhood development.
- You will be encouraged to stay in contact with your tutors, allowing continual mentoring and mutual knowledge exchange
- The diverse teaching placements enable you to understand, critically evaluate and respond to the needs of children in multicultural, multilingual and multi-faith settings and schools in an international, urban environment
- Many of our graduates have their first teaching post at the schools where they had a placement
- You can undertake a placement in a SEND school
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
If you're considering applying or have already applied to us, visit the Wiki created by our primary tutors to find out even more about the programme, including the trainees' perspective.