The next start date for this course is January 2018 and it runs across 12 months. Pay the same fees as students who started in October 2017.
The programme is designed for visual effects (VFX) professionals with significant experience in their field who want to gain a master's degree that focuses on their current work within the sector. You will be able claim recognition for your prior learning and thus gain academic credit that can count towards the degree and enable completion of it at an accelerated rate.
You will be required to expand on your existing skillset within and to undertake a large work-based project.
Why study MA Professional Practice in Visual Effects at Middlesex?
We have developed an innovative approach that includes the development of leadership and management within the VFX sector, delivered as a part-time programme of study for working professionals.
- Enables established VFX practitioners to gain a master's degree in between one and two years
- Centres on real-life projects undertaken in the workplace, allowing employers and individual practitioners to negotiate the specific focus of professional learning
- Focuses on the development and enhancement of advanced professional practice both of the individuals undertaking the programmes and in the sector more widely to promote collaborative working
- The programme is for VFX professionals and is supported by Creative Skillset, which is the Sector Skills Council for the creative industries
- Facilitates the accreditation of (in-house or externally provided) advanced professional training previously or concurrently undertaken so that this learning can count towards the degree
- Provides added value to employers in the form of enhanced and innovative outcomes for the work projects being undertaken by their employees both during and after the programme.