The performance nutrition industry is booming as recreational competitive sport grows increasingly popular, and there has never been a better time to specialise as a sports nutritionist.
Euromonitor report that the UK sports nutrition industry grew by 16 per cent in 2013 and annual growth of nine per cent is forecast until 2018, with product sales alone expected to reach £471 million.
Why study MSc Sport and Exercise Nutrition at Middlesex?
Our masters degree in Sport and Exercise Nutrition was written in consultation with industry-leading experts and employers including the English Institute of Sport (EIS) to maximise the value of the degree to potential employers in elite and professional sport.
Students of the course meet the eligibility criteria for graduate registration with the Sports and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) and can also apply for certification with the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) – the leading professional bodies for performance nutritionists both in the UK and globally.
The course focuses on professional practice and is underpinned by solid scientific and technical foundations. Work placements and practical training are integrated into the course, equipping you with significant experience in a professional setting.
You will learn from some of the UK's most experienced sports nutritionists and study in our industry-standard facilities at Allianz Park, the Saracens FC stadium where we regularly treat elite athletes and sports teams. This means that the course runs alongside our other postgraduate sport degrees and students can work together to develop their skills as part of a multi-disciplinary team of specialists.
The course enables you to:
- Become eligible to apply for graduate registration with the UK Sports and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) and gain certification as a sport nutritionist with the International Society for Sports Nutrition (ISSN)
- Develop your professional skills and practical experience in our cutting-edge sport science labs
- Study the advanced science behind performance nutrition
- Undertake an industry placement as part of your studies, either at your current workplace or somewhere we help you find
- Make the most of our links by working with professional sports teams
- Course Leader Laurent Bannock has more than 20 years' experience working with Premier League football and rugby teams, Olympic athletes, GB Fencing and GB boxing champions.
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.