Discover how to enhance your recruitment, selection and induction processes so that you stand a better chance of getting the right people in the right roles.
Covering a range of legal and practical aspects, this course takes you through every recruitment stage, from successfully advertising positions to informing applicants of the outcome. This is your opportunity to transform a standard human resources process into a way of improving your organisation's performance by raising the quality of the people you're asking to deliver it.
The one-day course covers key recruitment topics:
- Organisational recruitment policies and procedures
- Legal aspects of recruitment and selection
- Relevant methods of advertising vacancies, internally and externally
- Dealing with internal and external applications
- Use of job descriptions and person specifications to shortlist applicants
- Selection techniques including interviewing, testing, assessment centres and references
- Alternative methods of advising applicants of outcomes
- Maintaining comprehensive records to support and justify decisions.
By the end of the session, you'll be able to:
- Understand and comply with organisational recruitment policies and procedures
- Understand and comply with the legal aspects of recruitment
- Use optimum methods to attract suitable applicants, both internal and external, for a post within your area of responsibility
- Prepare a shortlist from applications received for a post within your area of responsibility
- Select the most appropriate individual, following the chosen selection process
- Inform all applicants of outcomes
- Maintain appropriate records of all stages
This course is part of the Institute for Work-Based Learning (IWBL) Management Series and other workshops include:
Completion of four of the workshops in this series and a Work-Based Learning Report leads to a Middlesex University Certificate in Personal and Professional Development NQF Level 4.
For further information, please email our Business Development team or call 020 8411 5050.