We all know that the consequences of stress can be profound and devastating. That's why stress reduction has become an essential part of the modern workplace. Our highly practical one-day course gives you the tools to help protect your emotional and physical health. You'll look at what stress is and typical symptoms of stress, as well as developing effective measures to counteract it.
This one-day course covers key topics:
- Causes and effects of stress; the implications for workplace and non-work activities/relationships
- Symptoms of stress; recognition of stressful situations
- Setting objectives and determining priorities to balance personal and organisational needs
- Time management techniques as a major factor
- Benefits of delegating
- The place of alternative stress reduction therapies
- Sources of support, and when to seek professional advice/counselling
- Role of assertiveness in stress management
- Active planning for stress management.
By the end of the session, you'll be able to:
- Understand stress, its potential causes and effects on your work performance and that of others
- Recognise symptoms of stress in yourself
- Use a range of appropriate means of reducing stress, specifically including identifying and prioritising objectives, time management and delegation
- Recognise alternative stress reduction techniques
- Adopt an assertive approach to manage stress in a range of situations
- Develop a personal stress management plan to maintain a work/life balance
This course is part of the Institute for Work-Based Learning (IWBL) Management Series and other workshops include:
Completion of four of the workshops in this series and a Work-Based Learning Report leads to a Middlesex University Certificate in Personal and Professional Development NQF Level 4.
For further information, please email our Business Development team or call 020 8411 5050.