This thought-provoking workshop is designed to help you become measurably more effective in your role by putting your own work into a wider context.
Strategic planning is a vital business tool – but you'll need a complete understanding of your organisation, department and projects in order to create truly successful strategies. By applying the advice you'll gain from this workshop, you'll start to understand your organisation's aims and objectives, and where your project or area of responsibility fits into these.
This one-day course covers the following key competencies:
- Concept and methods of conducting PESTLE and SWOT analyses
- Practical use of PESTLE and SWOT analyses to create outline organisational profiles
- The concept of appropriate access to knowledge and information within the organisation to facilitate its activities* SWOT analysis techniques for individuals and organisations
- PESTLE analysis
- Methods of determining feasibility and viability of opportunities and options* Importance of risk management
- Problem-solving and decision-making techniques including the use of quantitative and qualitative information
- Importance of organisational vision and strategic planning* Policy determination
- Objective- and target-setting
- Ways to inform others of objectives and targets – on a need-to-know basis as appropriate* Procedures to monitor and control achievement of objectives and targets.
By the end of the session, you'll be able to:
- Recognise the need for organisational vision and clear strategic objectives
- Contribute to the establishment and development of organisational policies
- Establish objectives and targets for your area of operation
- Disseminate objectives and targets to others within the organisation as appropriate, and gain their support
- Establish procedures to monitor and control achievement of objectives and targets within your area of operation
- Undertake SWOT analysis of the organisation and your area of responsibility
- Use completed SWOT and PESTLE analyses to derive a profile of your organisation in relation to identified market and customer needs.
This course is part of the Institute for Work-Based Learning (IWBL) Management Series and other workshops include:
Completion of four of the workshops in this series and a Work-Based Learning Report leads to a Middlesex University Certificate in Personal and Professional Development NQF Level 4.
For further information, please email our Business Development team or call 020 8411 5050.