College building, Middlesex University, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BT
A conference assessing the role of professionals in addressing the problems caused by FGM
This conference will discuss the problems experienced by women, children and men encountering Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and will ask what role professionals should play in identifying, managing and supporting these.
FGM is a crime that affects some of the most vulnerable girls and women in our society. Through working together closely with the police, health and social care professionals and the third sector, we are now in a much better place to have a successful prosecution against those who perpetrate this practice.
- Keir Starmer - QC Director of Prosecutions.
- Cecilia Anim President of the RCN Celia Jefferies. Head of National Centre for FGM.
This event is particularly relevant for:
- Commissioning managers / leads
- Safeguarding leads/LSCB members
- FGM Trust leads
- Specialist workers
- Health and Wellbeing Board chairs / Public Health leads
- Local authority leads / councillors
- Social workers
- Primary and secondary teachers, teaching assistants,head teachers, those working in education with links to well-being services or delivery of PSHE
- Community groups & 3rd sector organisations
- GPs, midwives, nurses, health visitors, school nurses, teachers, social workers
- Other multi-disciplinary professionals