Our four halls of residence range from older, traditional-style accommodation with study bedrooms and shared facilities, to modern en-suite rooms in purpose-built blocks:
1. Usher Hall – across the road from the main campus
2. Platt Hall – 20 minute walk from campus (shared site with Writtle House)
3. Writtle House – 20min walk from campus
4. Ivy Hall – 15-20 minute from campus by public transport
All our accommodation includes:
- Free wireless internet access
- Single bed with duvet, duvet cover, pillow and pillow case
- Desk and chair
- Bedside cabinet
- Shared kitchens, typically with cooker, fridge-freezer, kettle, toaster and microwave
- Communal lounge
- Easy-to-use laundry facilities
- Security staff and wardens
Allocation of rooms
As we only have a limited number of rooms available, we prioritise first year students who have made us their first choice university, and who are travelling the furthest distance to join us. Under this system, priority goes to full-year international students from outside the EU. After this we try to accommodate UK and EU students who are based furthest away.
Applicants living within the M25 can make an application; however it will not be looked at until the middle of September.
Maintaining high standards
Our halls are managed by Viridian Housing, a housing association specialising in the delivery of student accommodation. As a partnership we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, student-focused environment that meets your needs. We have signed up to national codes of standards for accommodation to ensure this.
The Study4Success Award
Each year, Viridian Housing sponsor an award for students who have made a difference to society. It helps students achieve their goals by providing more than £5,000 towards the cost of accommodation. For more information, click here.