Awarded the prestigious cardiff Studentship for pursuing Ph.D at the Cardiff Business School, 2003- 07.
Awasrded Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) by the Univesity Grants Commission (UGC), 1994.
English, Hindi, & Malayalam
English, Hindi & Malayalam
International Human Resource Management
Developing international organisations
Organisation Design & Development
Global Business, Culture & Strategy
Strategic people Management & development
Leadership and Management
International Strategic HRM
Human Resource Management in Practice
1. Mathew, J. 2019. 'Organisational culture and effectiveness: A multi-perspective evaluation of an Indian knowledge-intensive firm'. Employee Relations, 41(3), 538-551.
2. Varma, A., Budhwar, P. Kataou, A. and Mathew, J. 2016. 'Interpersonal affect and host country support of expatriates: an investigation in China'. Journal of Gender Mobility, 4(4), 476-495.
3. Mathew, J., Ogbonna, E. and Harris, L. 2012.'Culture, Employee Work Outcomes and Performance: an Empirical Analysisof Indian Sofware Firms'. Journal of World Business, 47, 194-203.
4. Mathew, J. and Ogbonna, E. 2009. 'Organisational culture ommitment: a study of an Indian software organisation'. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 29(3), 654 -675.
5. Mathew, J. 2007. 'The relationship of organisational culture with productivity and quality: a study of Indian software organisations'. Employee Relations, 29(6), 677-695.
Papers Under Minor Revision
Mathew, J., Varma, A., Pitchler, S.,and Budhawar, P. 2019. Host country national support of expatriates: the mediating role of job type. European Management Rerview
1. Mathew, J., Srinivasan, V., Croucher, R., Gooderham, P. and Iyer, H. 2019. HRM hetereogenity in an Indian software compay.
2. Mathew, J., Srinivasan, V., and Muller-Camen, M. 2019. State of HRM in India: an exploratory analysis of top rated journals in last twenty years.
Mathew, Jossy (2019) Organisational culture and effectiveness: a multi-perspective analysis on Indian knowledge-intensive firm. Employee Relations , 41 (3). pp. 538-551. ISSN 0142-5455
Varma, Arup and Budhwar, Pawan and Katou, Anastasia and Mathew, Jossy (2016) Interpersonal affect and host country national support of expatriates: An investigation in China. Journal of Global Mobility: The Home of Expatriate Management Research , 4 (4). pp. 476-495. ISSN 2049-8799
Mathew, Jossy and Ogbonna, Emmanuel and Harris, Lloyd C (2012) Culture, employee outcomes and performance: an empirical analysis of Indian software firms. Journal of World Business , 47 (2). pp. 194-203. ISSN 1090-9516
Mathew, Jossy and Ogbonna, Emmanuel (2009) Organisational culture and commitment: a study of an Indian software organisation. International Journal of Human Resource Management , 20 (3). pp. 654-675. ISSN 0958-5192
Mathew, Jossy (2008) Organisational culture and effectiveness: a three perspective analysis. PhD thesis, Cardiff University.
A grant was awarded by the ESRC & the ICSSR (Indian Council for Social Sciences Research, India) for studying HRM in the Indian software organisations.
Reviewer: Human Resource Management
Intermational Journal of Human Resource Management
InternationalJournal of Mangement Reviews