Dr. Ramona Trestian joined the School of Science and Technology at Middlesex University in August 2013 where she currently is an Associate Professor in Computing and Communications Engineering. She was previously an IBM-IRCSET Exascale Postdoctoral Researcher with the Performance Engineering Laboratory (PEL) at Dublin City University (DCU), Ireland since December 2011. The position was in collaboration with IBM Research and Development department located in Dublin. In March 2012 she was successfully awarded the PhD from Dublin City University, Ireland.
Module Leader for:
PDE4830 Mobile Communications
PDE4825 Intelligent Environments and IoT
PDE2100 Computer Systems Engineering 2
Doctoral and Masters (Research) students are welcome in the areas of:
Trestian, Ramona (2022) Mobile and wireless communications with practical use-case scenarios. CRC Press. ISBN 9781032119014
Mihai, Stefan and Yaqoob, Mahnoor and Hung, Dang Viet and Davis, William and Towakel, Praveer and Raza, Mohsin and Karamanoglu, Mehmet and Barn, Balbir and Shetve, Dattaprasad and Prasad, Raja V. and Venkataraman, Hrishikesh and Trestian, Ramona and Nguyen, Huan X. (2022) Digital twins: a survey on enabling technologies, challenges, trends and future prospects. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials , 24 (4). pp. 2255-2291. ISSN 1553-877X
Yaqoob, Mahnoor and Trestian, Ramona and Nguyen, Huan X. (2022) Data-driven network performance prediction for B5G networks: a graph neural network approach. In: IEEE 9th International Conference on Communications and Electronics, 27- 29 Jul 2022, Nha Trang City, Vietnam.
Hoang, Tiep M. and Son, Dinh-Van and Barn, Balbir and Trestian, Ramona and Nguyen, Huan X. (2022) RIS-aided smart manufacturing: information transmission and machine health monitoring. IEEE Internet of Things Journal . ISSN 2327-4662 (Published online first)
Trestian, Ramona and Celeste, Edoardo and Xie, Guodong and Lohar, Pintu and Bendechache, Malika and Brennan, Rob and Tal, Irina (2022) The Privacy Paradox - investigating people's attitude towards privacy in a time of COVID-19. In: The 14th International Conference on Communications (COMM), 16-18 June 2022, Bucharest (Virtual Conference).
· Dublin City University (Performance Engineering Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-present.
· Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City, India, 2017-present.
· Brunel University, UK, 2017-present.
· Kent University, UK, 2018-present.
· Swiss Distance University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland, 2019-present.
· Harran University, Turkey, 2014-2020.
· Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India, 2012-2015.
· IBM Exascale Research Group Dublin, Ireland, 2011-2017.
· National College of Ireland (National E-Learning Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-2011.
· University College Dublin (Performance Engineering Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-present
· Dublin City University (Radio-Frequency Simulation Laboratory), Ireland, 2008-2010.
· Politecnico di Milano (Dipartimento di Elettronica de Informazione), Italy, 2007.