Building on the foundations of the Pro Tools 100 level courses (Fundamentals I and Fundamentals II), this course develops the core concepts and skills needed to operate a Pro Tools | HD system in a professional studio environment.
Students learn to customise the configuration of Pro Tools | HD systems to maximise results and improve recording, editing and mixing workflows.
Avid solutions are used to create the most listened to, watched and loved media in the world. The certified Avid courses we offer equip budding media enthusiasts and seasoned professionals with the skills required to harness Avid’s powerful technology with proficiency.
When training with us you can expect exceptional teaching from seasoned industry practitioners, an award-winning learning environment, and access to all the latest technology and equipment.
- You'll receive tuition from certified trainers
- You'll have access to an individual workstation equipped with Mac Pro or iMac
- All course-related materials are included
- You will be able to take the Avid Certified User Examination at the end of the course.
This course will take place at our Hendon campus on the following dates:
- Monday 1 July - Tuesday 2 July 2019
This short course will cover the following areas:
- Configuring settings to optimise a Pro Tools | HD System
- Customising I/O settings
- Working with Window Configurations
- Managing voice allocation and disk allocation options
- Sharing tracks for collaboration using a variety of techniques
- Indexing volumes for quick searching with a Workspace browser
- Using advanced selection, nudging, and shifting techniques
- Using advanced auditioning techniques, pre- and post-roll auditions
- Using alternate Edit tools and advanced editing techniques
- Using clip alignment techniques
- Using basic Commands Keyboard Focus mode shortcuts
- Working with Clip Gain
- Using advanced automation functions including AutoMatch, Manual Write functions and Write on Stop functions
- Set up and use of AFL and PFL solo modes
- Use of submixing and bus interrogation techniques
- Working with VCA Master tracks
- Understanding a variety of common mixdown techniques.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand how to use Pro Tools | HD in a professional studio environment, and be prepared for the Pro Tools Operator Post and Music certifications.
How to apply
To enrol on this course, you must have successfully completed Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) and Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110).
For more information or to book your place, please email our Digital Media Workshop team.