|Start date||October 2019|
This module aims to facilitate and encourage qualified professional social workers to engage with the underpinning principles of critical thinking and reasoned discernment in relation to their practice and decision making. You will be facilitated to consolidate your knowledge and skills and to recognise and reflect upon your post-qualification experience to identify the complexity of practice and decision making processes.
- Reflective models of learning and the role of reflective writing
- The development of professional identity and the role of self-assessment when evidencing professional development
- Models of critical thinking and processes for enhancing critical analysis incorporating: The Munro Report’s (2011) recommendations in relation to promoting critical appraisal and the critical use of best evidence to inform complex judgements
- The role of evidence informed practice and its contribution in helping professionals to make informed decisions
- Wednesday 2 October 2019
- Wednesday 16 October 2019
- Wednesday 30 October 2019
- Wednesday 13 November 2019
- Wednesday 27 November 2019
How to apply
Please email our CPD Social Work Administration team to express an interest in this programme.
Please note, the closing date for applications is Wednesday 18 September 2019