|Start date||October 2020|
This module aims to facilitate and encourage qualified professional social workers to engage with the underpinning principles of critical thinking and reasoned discernment in relation to their practice and decision making. You will be facilitated to consolidate your knowledge and skills and to recognise and reflect upon your post-qualification experience to identify the complexity of practice and decision making processes.
- Reflective models of learning and the role of reflective writing
- The development of professional identity and the role of self-assessment when evidencing professional development
- Models of critical thinking and processes for enhancing critical analysis incorporating: The Munro Report’s (2011) recommendations in relation to promoting critical appraisal and the critical use of best evidence to inform complex judgements
- The role of evidence informed practice and its contribution in helping professionals to make informed decisions
- Wednesday 07 October 2020
- Wednesday 14 October 2020
- Wednesday 28 October 2020
- Wednesday 11 November 2020
- Wednesday 25 November 2020
How to apply
Please email our CPD Social Work Administration team to express an interest in this programme.