Inspiring, challenging and increasingly valuable in today's global work environment, human resources (HR) is an exciting discipline to master. With the power to influence the direction and success of an organisation, HR can be harnessed to great effect by a variety of professionals, from company directors to line managers and specialist advisers. Whether you're at the beginning or mid-stages of your career, this course presents an exciting opportunity to explore your role within an organisation, enhancing your managerial capabilities and HR career prospects for the future.
Why study MProf Human Resource Practice at Middlesex?
Our MProf programme is specifically designed for working professionals so we ensure that you have the flexibility to tailor your studies to fit around your responsibilities and support your needs. This means that you can maintain your employment while studying and shape your research to serve you and your organisation. The findings of this research and the skills learnt throughout the course will make you more effective as an HR manager, increase your career prospects and inform your organisation's HR policies and practices.
Ranked as one of the top five in London, our Business School features one of the largest and most respected HRM departments in the UK, with award-winning students, cutting-edge resources and academics that bring a wealth of experience to support and enhance your learning. Many of our academics are involved in pioneering research and consultancy themselves, so they are perfectly placed within the industry to advise you in your own research and professional development throughout the course.
- Flexibility to shape your studies around your individual needs and interests, including those of your organisation, so you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced practitioners
- You are placed at the centre of your research investigation, making your findings applicable within your own organisation and of value to your colleagues
- Strong focus on exploring your individual capabilities as a reflective practitioner to enhance your research and professional activities
- Valuable opportunity to make a claim for academic credits against any prior formal and informal learning
- Access to cutting-edge business resources that will enhance your learning, increase your employability, and give you practical experience of systems used by businesses worldwide, such as the Chartered Management Institutes' Business Direct Resource Hub
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.