Our entry requirements provide a guide to the qualifications that you’ll need to study our courses. We understand that problems with the system for exams and assessments might mean you have lower grades that you expected, so we’re taking a flexible approach to admissions. We’ll do our best to look at your application on an individual basis, consider lower grades than normal and mock results, and look at more than your qualifications when we’re making a decision.
In light of the Government’s latest advice to delay the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), we have taken the decision to change our on-campus applicant interviews into online assessments. We will be in contact with specific arrangements for your subject area, so please check your email. Visit information for new students in 2020 for updates.
This course is now available in Clearing. Follow this link or call 020 8411 6565 for more info.
- We welcome applicants who can demonstrate appropriate academic achievement through the quality of their portfolio
- Students should, normally, hold Level 3 qualifications or have the potential of achieving in the top grade of their current course. It is helpful if students have studied in the area of relevant Art and Design subjects
We consider all applications on their individual merit; successful applicants should demonstrate suitability, dedication and fitness for their chosen programme of study. All candidates are asked to submit evidence of previous production and creative practice, normally presented as a portfolio. As far as possible, students are invited to attend for an interview and will be offered the opportunity to view our specialist facilities and meet appropriate staff and students.
- Portfolio of drawings, visual research, design thinking and independent creative projects, which demonstrate evidence of previous production and creative practice
- As far as possible, students are invited to attend for an interview and will be offered the opportunity to view our specialist facilities and meet appropriate staff
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they can demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience
- Please check our general entry requirements page for other qualifications accepted by Middlesex University
UK/EU and international students are eligible to apply for this course.
Academic credit for previous study or experience
If you have achieved a qualification such as a foundation degree or HND, or have gained credit at another university, you may be able to enter a Middlesex University course in year two or three. For further information please visit our Transfer students page.
If you have relevant qualifications or work experience, academic credit may be awarded towards your Middlesex University programme of study. For further information please visit our Accreditation of Prior Learning page.
Interviews, entrance tests, portfolios and auditions
Entry onto this course requires an interview and a portfolio. Please view the Interview and portfolio tab for more information.