Please note this course only accepts applications for Year 3 entry.
Recent years have witnessed a major shift in publishing, with new technologies challenging traditional models while simultaneously creating fantastic new opportunities. Our BA Publishing and Digital Culture degree enables you to develop the skills you need to make the most of these opportunities.
Why study BA Publishing and Digital Culture at Middlesex University?
The complex and multifaceted world of publishing is a fascinating place to be, and our BA Publishing and Digital Culture degree is designed to help you get there by equipping you with a 360-degree view of the industry.
Whether you want be a small-scale self-publisher, work in the magazine business or become a commissioning editor at one of the world's biggest media conglomerates, we will prepare you for work in publishing throughout a range of theoretically grounded, practice-based modules.
On campus and through contact with industry professionals, each year you will undertake major projects which enable you to put into practice what you are learning. By the time you graduate, you will have developed a creative and entrepreneurial approach to publishing in the digital age and built a professional portfolio of work to help launch your career.
- Our staff are teachers and practitioners committed to connecting students to the industry and preparing them to work in a range of settings
- In your third year you have the option to undertake a substantial industry work placement to further develop your skills and help build your professional network
- As part of the thriving Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries, you will have access to specialist facilities, including digital publishing labs, to support text, image and layout production
- We have longstanding relationships with the industry across the UK, from small independents to the BBC, including successful ongoing work experience schemes
- You will learn directly from a wide range of successful publishers, writers and journalists through events like the North London Literary Festival and talks from guest speakers
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.