Section navigation

Disability and dyslexia service

The Disability and Dyslexia Service offers support to students who have disclosed a disability to the university.

Who do we help?

We aim to provide an inclusive teaching and learning environment which caters for all students, including students with:

  • Hearing loss - if you are hearing-impaired or profoundly deaf
  • Mobility difficulties – e.g., if you use a wheelchair
  • Mental health problems
  • Asperger's  Syndrome
  • Restricted use of upper limbs - this includes repetitive strain injury
  • Specific learning difficulty – e.g., dyslexia or dyspraxia
  • Visual impairment – if you are partially sighted or blind
  • Other conditions that are not necessarily apparent – e.g., epilepsy, sickle cell anaemia, HIV/AIDS

Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. If you think you have a condition that may affect your study, and you'd like to discuss it, please contact us for an appointment.

Your details will remain strictly confidential and will only be disclosed to other staff with your express permission.

What do we offer?

Our services include:

  • Advice on course-related adjustments
  • Arranging special provision during examinations
  • Liaising with tutors and funding authorities
  • Undertaking assessments for students applying for the Disabled Students' Allowance

Read our Disability and Dyslexia Support policy to find out about the University's position on funding for course costs which are the direct result of a disability, specific learning difficulty, mental health condition or on-going health condition.

Contact us

If you are preparing to apply to study at Middlesex and would like to talk to an advisor, please contact us:

Telephone: +44 (0)20 8411 2502


Disabled Students' Allowances

The Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) is a grant which provides support if you have a disability, on-going health condition, mental health condition, or a specific learning difficulty. It is available to eligible students on a full-time or part-time (at least 25 per cent of a full-time) higher education course.

You can find out more DSAs and apply on the government's website.

There is only limited funding available at the University to go towards the cost of non-medical support such as note takers and interpreters. It is therefore important that you consider how you will pay for any additional costs before you apply for a course.

In this section

Back to top

We use Cookies

View our Privacy and Cookie policy