NatRisk

NatRisk 

Development of master curricula for natural disasters risk management in Western Balkan countries

The Flood Hazard Research Centre is undertaking a three year Erasmus+ Capacity building in Higher Education project. The overall aim of the project Development of master curricula for natural disasters risk management in Western Balkan countries is to build experts for prevention and management of natural disasters in the region of Western Balkan (WB) according to the local national and EU policies. In addition to building knowledge and skills the project will see the development of modernised laboratories with the latest hardware and software equipment for simulations and assessments of natural disasters, where students will gain practical knowledge that can be immediately applied, and the up-to-date library units will contribute to innovative new master study programmes. The project also involves staff and student mobility funding between the partner organisations and countries to gain training and experience.

http://www.natrisk.ni.ac.rs/

Impact

Build educational capacity in disaster risk management within Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Invitation for Staff Mobility’s

Five day funded staff mobility’s are available to MU staff for November 2018 to July 2019:

  • 2 staff attending University Nis, Serbia
  • 2 staff attending University Pristina, Kosovo
  • 2 staff attending University Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Staff would be required to provide teaching contact in English to staff or students within each institution on a subject related to the NatRisk project of natural disaster risk management and/or teaching practice. Minimum of 2 contact hours.

Remuneration is Travel €275 and Subsistence €1,120 with 70% paid before travel. The remaining 30% paid on return satisfying visit objectives and submission of a small EU report on the visit. Two additional days are provided for travel.

Expression of interest should be made to Dr Simon McCarthy s.mccarthy@mdx.ac.uk.
Applications should be sent by 9th August 2018.
Positions are expected to be filled by the 10th August 2018, however a reserve list will remain open to expressions of interest.

Invitation for Student Mobility’s

Two month funded student mobility’s are available to MU students for January to July 2019:

  • 2 students attending University Nis, Serbia

Students would attend the University Nis and would be ideal for post graduate or doctoral candidates in relation to developing their dissertation or research. Subject areas are flexible but priority given to those related to the NatRisk project of natural disaster risk management and/or teaching practice.

Remuneration is Travel €275 and Subsistence €1,575 with 70% paid before travel. The remaining 30% paid on return satisfying visit objectives and submission of a small EU report on the visit.

Expression of interest should be made to Dr Simon McCarthy s.mccarthy@mdx.ac.uk.
Applications should be sent by 11th March 2019.
Positions are expected to be filled by the 11th March 2019.

If you have any questions about this project, please get in touch with Dr Simon McCarthy s.mccarthy@mdx.ac.uk

In this section

Back to top