I-WEB is an exciting, multi-disciplinary and international collaboration of 15 organisations from Kazakhstan and the EU, co-ordinated by Professor Lian Lundy, which is supporting 3 universities in Kazakhstan (KZ) to work collaboratively with business, professional bodies and regulatory organisations to co-develop and deliver Integrated Water Cycle Management (IWCM) Masters and PhD programmes.
Its ambitious objectives include:
- supporting a two-way dialogue between business, regulators and policy makers,
- meeting the practice and research needs of industry through the training of students in IWCM best practice
- enhancing international mobilities through the development and delivery of Bologna compliant MSc and PhD programmes.
Partners in the I-WEB consortium are:
- Middlesex University (MDX - coordinator)
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU)
- Ahmed Yasawi International Kazak-Turkish University (IKTU)
- Kokshetau State University (KokSU) named after Shokan Ualikhanov
- Universität Leipzig (ULZ,)
- Universitat Politecnica de Valencia (UPV)
- University of Cyprus (UCY)
- Institute of Geography (IoG) of RK
- Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC)
- Kazak Research Institute of Fisheries (KazRIF)
- Kazak Scientific Research Institute of Water Economy (KazSRIWE)
- Institute of Professional Development and Retraining (IPKAO)
- Ministry of Education and Science (MES) Control Committee
- The Centre of the Bologna Process and Academic Mobility (CBPAM)
- The Fund Zhas Otan in Akmola region (FZOAR)
The collaboration produced a textbook for Kazakh students and professionals.
You can visit the project website by clicking here