Please note: more recent research papers and updates are available on Researchgate.
Below is a list of papers, publications and reports related to the development of the Y-Comm architecture.
- Arindam Ghosh, Vardhan Vishnu Parathaman, Glenford E Mapp, Orhan Gemikonakli: Exploring efficient seamless handover in VANET systems using network dwell time. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2014 (227).
- Arindam Ghosh, Vishnu Vardhan, Glenford Mapp, Orhan Gemikonakli, Jonathan Loo: Providing Ubiquitous Communication using Road-Side Units in VANET Systems. Presented at the International Conference on ITS Telecommunications, 05-07 November 2013.
- Aiash M, Mapp G E, Lasebae A and Al-Nemrat A: Supporting LTE Networks in Heterogeneous Environment Using the Y-Comm Framework. Presented at the 4th International Conference on Networks & Communications (NETCOM 2012), 22 – 24 December 2012, Chennai, India
- Glenford Mapp, Ferdinand Katsriku, Naveen Chinnam, Mahdi Aiash, Roberto Rigolin Lopes, Edson Moreira, Renata Porto Vanni and Mario Augusto: Exploiting Location and Contextual Information to Develop a Comprehensive Framework for Proactive Handover in Heterogeneous Environments: Journal of Computer Networks and Communications: Special Issue on Context-Enriched and Location-Aware Services. Published 6 July 2012.
- Mahdi Aiash, Glenford Mapp, Aboubaker Lasebae, Jonathan Loo, Fragkiskos Sardis, Raphael C.-W Phan, Mario Augusto, Edson Moreira, Renata Vanni: A Survey of Potential Architectures for Communication in Heterogeneous Networks: Wireless Telecommunications Symposium 2012, London UK, April 2012
- Mahdi Aiash, Glenford Mapp, Aboubaker Lasebae A, Jonathan Loo and Raphael Phan: A Formally Verified AKA Protocol for Vertical Handover in Heterogeneous Environments using Casper/FDR: EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. OpenSpringer: Published in April 2012.
- Mahdi Aiash, Glenford Mapp, Aboubaker Lasebae, Raphael Phan, Mario Augusto, Renata Vanni and Edson Moreira: Enhancing Naming and Location Services to support Multi-homed Devices in Heterogeneous Environments. In the Proceedings of the First Global Conference on Communication, Science and Information Engineering, 25- 27 July 2011, Middlesex University, London.
- Mahdi Aiash, Glenford Mapp, Aboubaker Lasebae, Mario Augusto, Renata Porto Vanni and Edson Moreira: A QoS Framework for Heterogeneous Networking: In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Networks 2011 (ICWN'11), 6th – 8th July 2011, London.
- Glenford Mapp G, Mahdi Aaish, Hélio Guardia, Jon Crowcroft : Exploring Multi-homing Issues in Heterogeneous Environments: In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Protocols and Applications with Multi-homing Support in Biopolis, Singapore 22nd- 25th March 2011.
- Glenford Mapp, Fatema Shaikh, Mahdi Aiash, Renata Porto Vanni, Mario Augusto and Edson Moreira,Exploring Efficient Imperative Handover Mechanisms for Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, International Symposium on Emerging Ubiquitous and Pervasive Systems (EUPS-09) August 2009.
- Glenford Mapp, Fatema Shaikh, David Cottingham, Jon Crowcroft, Javier Baliosian: A Global Architecture for Heterogeneous Networking (Invited Paper). 3rd Annual International Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2007), October 2007. Please also see the extended version of this paper.
- Glenford Mapp, David N. Cottingham, Fatema Shaikh, Pablo Vidales, Leo Patanapongpibul, Javier Balioisian, Jon Crowcroft, An Architectural Framework for Heterogeneous Networking.(139kb) International Conference on Wireless Information Networks and Systems (WINSYS), August 2006.
Cambridge Wireless Testbed Papers
- P. Vidales, J. Baliosian, J. Serrat, G. Mapp, F. Stajano, A. Hopper, Autonomic Systems for Mobility Support in 4G Networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Volume 23, Number 12, IEEE, December 2005.
- David N. Cottingham, Pablo A. Vidales, Is Latency the Real Enemy in Next Generation Networks? First International Workshop on Convergence of Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, July 2005.
- P. Vidales, C.J. Bernardos, G. Mapp, F. Stajano, J. Crowcroft, A Practical Approach for 4G Systems: Deployment of Overlay Networks. (424kb) First International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the DEvelopment of NeTworks and COMmunities (Tridentcom 2005 Best Paper Award), IEEE Computer Society Press, February 2005.
- Pablo Vidales, Leo Patanapongpibul, Glenford Mapp, Andy Hopper, Experiences with Heterogeneous Wireless Networks? Unveiling the Challenges.(211kb) Second International Working Conference on Performance Modeling and Evaluation of Heterogeneous Networks (HET-NETs), July 2004.
- G. Mapp: Y-Comm in a nutshell, Report for the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics, April 2009
Policy Management Mechanisms for Vertical Handover
Reactive Policy Management Systems
- Pablo Vidales, Seamless Mobility in 4G Systems. Technical report, UCAM-CL-TR-656, University of Cambridge, November 2005.
- P. Vidales, R. Chakravorty, C. Policroniades, PROTON: A Policy-based Solution for Future 4G devices. 5th. IEEE International Workshop on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks (IEEE POLICY 2004), June 2004.
Proactive Policy Management Systems
- Fatema Shaikh F, Glenford Mapp G and Aboubaker Lasebae: A Survey of Network Coverage Prediction Mechanisms in 4G Heterogeneous Wireless Networks: In the Proceedings of the First Global Conference on Communication, Science and Information Engineering, 25th- 27th July 2011, Middlesex University, London.
- F. Shaikh, Intelligent Proactive Handover and QoS Management using TBVH in Heterogeneous Network, 2010.
- David N Cottingham, Vehicular Wireless Communication Technical Report, UCAM-CL-TR-741, University of Cambridge, 2009.
- David N. Cottingham, Robert K. Harle, Andy Hopper, Constructing Accurate, Space-Efficient, Wireless Coverage Maps for Vehicular Contexts. The 4th International Wireless Internet Conference (ICST WICON), November 2008.
- F.Shaikh, A.Lasebae and Mapp GE, Proactive Policy Management for Heterogeneous Networks (423kb) . In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: From Theory to Applications (ICTTA 2008). April 2008.
- F. Shaikh, G. E. Mapp and Lasebae A. Proactive Policy Management using TBVH Mechanism in Heterogeneous Networks (306kb). Proceedings of the International Conference and Exhibition on NEXT GENERATION MOBILE APPLICATIONS, SERVICES and TECHNOLOGIES "Building Bridges in the Mobile World", NGMAST'07, Cardiff, Wales, UK, September 12th – 14th 2007.
- David N. Cottingham, Ian J. Wassell, Robert K. Harle, Performance of IEEE 802.11a in Vehicular Contexts. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Pages 854-858, April 2007.
Downward Quality-of-Service (QoS)
- F. Shaikh, A. Lasebae and Mapp G. Client-based SBM Layer for Predictive Management of Traffic Flows in Heterogeneous Networks. ICTTA'06 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: From Theory to Applications. April 24th – 28th 2006, Umayyad Palace, Damascus, Syria.
- F. Shaikh, A.Lasebae and G. Mapp G. SBM Layer for Optimum Management of Co-existing Telemedicine Traffic Streams under Varying Channel Conditions in Heterogeneous Networks. (539kb) Proc. MIT'05. August 2005.
- Mahdi Aiash, Glenford Mapp, Raphael C.-W Phan, Aboubaker Lasebae and Jonathan Loo: A Formally Verified Device Protocol Using Casper/FDR: 11th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom 2012), 25 – 27 June 2012, Liverpool UK.
- Mahdi Aiash, Glenford Mapp and Aboubaker Lasebae: Security and QoS Integration for Protecting Service Providers in Heterogeneous Environments: IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, November 2011.
- Mahdi Aiash, Glenford Mapp, Aboubaker Lasebae and Raphael Phan: Exploring the Concept of Scope to Provide Better Security for Internet Services: In the Proceedings at the First Global Conference on Communication, Science and Information Engineering, 25th- 27th July 2011, Middlesex University, London.
- G. Mapp, M. Aiash, A. Lasebae and R. Phan: Security Models for Heterogeneous Networking: Presented at the International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT 2010), Athens Greece 26th – 28th July 2010.
- M. Aiash, G. Mapp, A. Lasebae A. and R. Phan: Providing Security in 4G Systems: Unveiling the Challenges. The Sixth Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications, AICT 2010, May 9th – 15th 2010, Barcelona, Spain.
Mobile Servers and Services
- Sardis F, Mapp G E, Loo J, Aiash M and Vinel A: On the Investigation of Cloud-based Mobile Media Environments with Service-Populating and QoS-aware Mechanisms. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, ISSN: 1520-9210, DOI: 10.1109/TMM.2013.2240286, 15 January 2013.
- F. Sardis, G. Mapp and J. Loo: On Demand Service Delivery for Mobile Networks: In the proceeding of The First International Conference on Mobile Services, Resources and Users (Mobility 2011) 23rd – 29th October 2011, Barcelona, Spain.
QOS and Performance Evaluation
- Gemikonakli E, Mapp G E, Gemikonakli O and Ever E: Exploring Service and Buffer Management Issues to Provide Integrated Voice and Data Services in Single and Multi Channel Wireless Networks. Presented at the 27th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Application (AINA-2013), Barcelona, Spain, 25 – 28 March 2013
- Kirsal Y, Ever E, Mapp G E and Gemikonakli O: Enhancing the Modelling of Vertical Handover in Integrated Cellular/WLAN environments. Presented at the 27th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Application (AINA-2013), Barcelona, Spain, 25 – 28 March 2013
- Kirsal Y, E. Gemikonakli, E. Ever, G. Mapp and O. Gemikonakli: An Analytical Approach for Performance Analysis of Handoffs in the Next Generation Integrated Cellular Networks and WLANs: In Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Performance Modeling and Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Networks (PMECT 2010) in Zurich, Switzerland 2nd – 5th August 2010
- Padiy A, Mapp G: Simple Protocol - Java Userspace Implementation
Ontology and handover
- E. D. S. Moreira, D. Cottingham, J. Crowcroft, P. Hui, G. E. Mapp and R. M. P. Vanni: Exploiting Contextual Handover Information for Versatile Services in NGN Environments. (1.28mb) 2nd Intenational Conference on Digital Information Management (IEEE ICDIM), October 2007, Lyon France.
- R. M .P. Vanni, K. R. L. J. C. Branco, E. S. Moreira, G. Mapp: Information for Handover Management in Heterogeneous Networks: data representation, languages and integrated platforms. 7th CONTECSI - International Conference on Information Systems and
Technology Management, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 19-21 May, 2010, pp. 1-13.