Studying in autumn 2020 during coronavirus


What is freedom of information?

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities.

What is a publication scheme?

A Publication Scheme is a guide to the classes of information that the University publishes or intends to publish routinely. The term "published" is broad and is not limited to information produced in paper forms. As far as the Freedom of Information Act 2000 is concerned, information made publicly available has been published. Therefore, information on our website is as much part of the Publication Scheme as printed documents.

How will I request additional information not covered by this scheme?

The University includes as much information in the Publication Scheme as it can however, if you cannot find what you are looking for you can make a request for the information. Where any of the information comes within an exempt category either under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other relevant legislation, it will be published with the exempt material deleted.

Will I be charged for information?

Material which is published and accessed on the website can be downloaded free of charge. Some information may only be available in hard copy and some information will only be available for inspection. Charges may be made for information subject to a legal charging regime. Charges under the publication scheme may be made for actual disbursements such as: photocopying; printing; postage and packaging; the cost directly incurred as a result of viewing information. Any charges will be in accordance with the University's policy.

Who do I contact?

For information concerning the scheme or if you wish to make a request for other information you can contact the following: John Gilchrist, Information Governance Officer.

How do I make a complaint, suggestion or compliment?

If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your request or with the reasons we have given for refusing to provide information, please contact David Malpas, Director of Student Affairs. If after going through the University's formal complaint and appeals system you are still not satisfied then the Freedom of Information Act 2000 makes provision for you to complain directly to the Information Commissioner's Office.

Wycliffe House,
Water Lane

In this section

Back to top