|Fees||£840 (may be reduced if student is on placement)|
|Start date||September 2019|
This module allows candidates to gain a greater understanding of some of the main areas involved in supervising, teaching, mentoring, coaching and assessing social work students. Successful completion of this module allows learners to progress to the Practice Education Stage 2 module.
You will develop a greater understanding, through theory and practice of adult learning, learning organisations and continuous professional development.
- Understanding the meaning and scope of practice education within a national and professional context and the role of the practice educator, practice assessor and the pre-qualifying social work student within that context. This is also in reference to the PCF and PEPS
- The induction, mentoring and formal supervision of pre-qualifying social work students
- Enabling others in particular areas of specialist social work practice
- Pre-qualifying social work practice requirements and the related knowledge and values within the workplace in relation to PCF, PEPS and KSS
- Friday 13 September 2019
- Friday 20 September 2019
- Friday 18 October 2019
- Friday 1 November 2019
- Friday 22 November 2019
- Friday 6 December 2019
- Friday 6 March 2020
- Friday 13 March 2020
- Monday 20 April 2020
- Friday 22 May 2020
- Friday 26 June 2020
How to apply
Please email our CPD Social Work Administration team to express an interest in this module.
- September cohort applications - Monday 9 September 2019
- March cohort applications - Saturday 1 February 2020