| Module code|| SWK4414 |
|Level|| 7 |
|Credits|| 30 |
| Start date|| February 2021|
The aim of the module is to enable qualified social workers and other social care staff to demonstrate that since qualifying, they have built on and extended both their practice and academic competence and capabilities in their practice within a mental health setting
The module aims to build on your mental health knowledge to an appropriate level to enable you to go on to complete the Approved Mental Health Professional programme.
- Critical evaluation of mental health practice within the current policy and legislative frameworks
- Critical and comparative analysis of the models of mental ill-health and understanding of mental disorders in terms of indications, symptoms, therapies and treatments
- Systematic understanding of current legal, policy and organisational frameworks for mental health professional practice
- The experience of users and their carers and their contributions to service development
- Effective models of assessment, intervention and review in mental health practice
- Wednesday 2 February 2021
- Wednesday 17 February 2021
- Wednesday 3 March 2021
- Wednesday 17 March 2021
- Wednesday 7 April 2021
Teaching will be predominately if not fully, delivered online, subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
How to apply
To apply for this programme you must:
- be a qualified social worker, nurse, psychologist or occupational therapist
- have at least 1 year post-qualifying experience
Please email our CPD Social Work Administration team to express an interest in this programme.